Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 07:00 AM
That ba'tleth look skinda small. oh well I guess this is what happens when the economy hurts the geek population
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 07:02 AM
You know what they say about men with tiny bat'leths!

Tiny wounds!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
I remember this! I really like how they define the weapon as a "Star Trek Klingon-type sword"...and then they use a stock photo of a Klingon holding a bat'leth.

Great article to wake up to! LOL
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
That ba'tleth look skinda small. oh well I guess this is what happens when the economy hurts the geek population
maybe there was a transporter malfunction.....
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
The really amazing thing is that the bandit managed to rob two convenience stores, and get away with it.
All the while holding his tiny Bat'Leth in what appears to be a backwards manner.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
The really amazing thing is that the bandit managed to rob two convenience stores, and get away with it.
All the while holding his tiny Bat'Leth in what appears to be a backwards manner.
Well, look at it from the convenience store manager (or cashier)'s standpoint. The man is standing there holding what appears to be a blade, menacing you. Would you gamble on it being fake or ineffective?

I would, but that's because I'm very stupid and have delusions of heroism.

I hope you're not like me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Well, look at it from the convenience store manager (or cashier)'s standpoint. The man is standing there holding what appears to be a blade, menacing you. Would you gamble on it being fake or ineffective?

I would have told him he was holding it backwards... and completely cooperated with him. A friend of mine once got fired for trying to stop a shoplifter.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

I would have tried to disable him. Either grabbing a handy blunt object or drawing my pistol on him.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I would have tried to disable him. Either grabbing a handy blunt object or drawing my pistol on him.
It's harder to knock someone out with a blunt object than you think. The human skull (and brain) can withstand a lot more trauma than most people realize.