Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztak
Let me ask you. If this were real life and not a video game, what would you do?
after coming home from work, I'd probably watch some entertainment holos while eating something yummy from the replicator. maybe afterwards play some holo-games where you get to play as a soldier blasting enemy scum, or maybe a starship captain, dunno. why do you ask?

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2010, 03:08 PM
It sure as hell matters. If its either ambush and kill, or reveal and be killed, I'm going to chose the former, and I'm also going to act the same in either real life or a game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarty
Nope, it is not honorable but I see feds ganking klings when the borg hunt resets ALL THE TIME so don't really care if its honorable or not. Is 10 feds v 1 kling honorable? I usually have to run for it after the map respawns or get ganked. Those who can't battle cloak get jacked up and the feds usually move on. I usually kill feds stupid enough to try and spawn camp. Then I go and kill feds trying to do the objective. When they learn they have to travel in a group to survive; I usually head to their spawn point and kill them as they respawn; running when I get overwhelmed.

I like finding a group of feds doing the objective and sit about 20k out and uncloak and just sit there; hoping that there is one fed dumb enough to come after me. Most of the time the fed gets a free ticket back to their spawn point. If I'm with my fleet we usually kill feds at respawn then head to their respawn and camp them. Funny how many feds it takes to kill 3 klings.

Feds want klings to be honorable but they themselves dont act in an honorable way. I see it this way; 1 fed by himself might have honor but when more feds come; it goes out the window and a hive mentality kicks in.
If one starts shooting they all start shooting. I let some feds live if i uncloak behind them and they dont shoot but this usually backfires as if another fed comes they'll engage.
I have seen mercey from klingons just like this. I think all game is fair. It is not very much fun to gang up on 1 ship but sometimes the herd or hive mentality overwhelms us all. Loved the quote about a smart captain is alive and a dumb one complains about the honor in something.

I do wonder about the bad additude displayed by some Klingons. Personally I think most of the smack talk I see is clever and it reallly fuels my fire to join another pvp to try to do better. Moreover, I would expect a Klingon to gloat a bit after kicking tail. That being said, I have seen teamates leave battles because of hateful smack talk, so many in fact that by the end of the game the Klingons outnumber federation 8 to 2 and by that point nobody is really having fun.

I guess that would make the quitters bad losers. I have fun playing this game, learn alot from losing and don't blame anybody for killing me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
Don't bring up reality - in reality I could fire my weapon in any direction, at any time, to flush out hidden enemies.
Curious how long your ammo supply would last.

As to the Original question.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Is it honorable?

Is a Submarine underwater, 'sneaking up' to a target, only to fire torpedos not being honorable for not fighting on the surface so the Battleship can fight back?

Is the sniper hiding in the bush at 2,000 meters with a Barrett M-82 'light fifty' honorable when he takes out targets of oportunity?

Were the Americans not honorable for not standing shoulder to shoulder in a line, and fighting in open fields during the Revolutionary war?

Were the Japanese honorable at Pearl Harbour for taking out the Battleships at dock, rather than fighting on the high seas?

Were the British honorable when they 'Ganked' the Bismarck?

Was Kirk honorable when he fired the 'super special gas homing' torpedo in ST: Undiscovered country against Gen Chang?

Were the Duras sisters honorable when they 'ganked' the Enterprise-D at Veridian 3 in ST: Generations?

The bird of Prey is very similar to PT boats and submarines of World War 2. Hit and run, suprise attack, and target of oporunity are all very valid warfare strategy in this craft.

Your silly to expect your opponent to fight to your strengths and yet not use theirs. Warfare adapts to advancements in tactics and equipment. If you bring a Battleship to a Carrier fight, or no ASW to a sub hunt it's hard to cry 'no fair fight like a man'
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Funnily enough was playing borg hunt yesterday,and the klink that was on our map was doing just fine....so what if he took advantage of a bad situation,thats what war is about.

I ended up doing the hunt for Red October after my third explosion and it was good fun trying to find him and do some damage when he obliged by dropping his cloak....then cloaking again.We struck up a conversation and had a good old time,no problems here at all.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Read my post again - nowhere did I say I expected different. The Klinks in Borg Hunt make it fun and unpredictable.

Back to reality, we would have some nice counter-measures.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Science officer skill - sensor scan
Science officer skill- charged particle burst
Science officer skill - Jam sensors ( can't shoot you even if he did just uncloak )
Science officer skill- jam targeting sensors

In reality it's not the Klingon's fault you failed to utalize any one of many counter-measures available in a PvP zone.

Tell me what's the effective counter to feed-back pulse? Photonic fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztak
Let me ask you. If this were real life and not a video game, what would you do?
Whatever I could do to kill the enemy and live to fight another day.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2010, 04:28 PM
As a klingon I don't particular like ganking fed players zoning into arenas. That was reenforced when I made a fed character and entered my first arena. I got killed in 5 seconds twice in a row, 5-1 each time. I promptly left. As a fed I don't need to PvP, so all those klingons were hurting were themselves. Were those klingon actions honorable? Sure. Why not. However, they were stupid and short-sided given their need to PvP to level.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonenili
Science officer skill - sensor scan
Science officer skill- charged particle burst
Science officer skill - Jam sensors ( can't shoot you even if he did just uncloak )
Science officer skill- jam targeting sensors

In reality it's not the Klingon's fault you failed to utalize any one of many counter-measures available in a PvP zone.
OK let me explicitly explain everything: that was in response to the guy talking about "what would you do in real life?".

In real life, firstly if one side had cloak all sides would have cloak, and then there would be a never-ending escalation of technology to improve your faction's version of it. Hence my comment about counter-measures.