Lt. Commander
# 21
03-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger

In real life, firstly if one side had cloak all sides would have cloak, and then there would be a never-ending escalation of technology to improve your faction's version of it. Hence my comment about counter-measures.
Not true, sometimes it takes a long time to catch up up to an enemy's advantage. Sometimes by the time you do it its already too late.

Just read history man.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Yes that's true to an extent, but the American Indians learned to use guns rather quickly, and the Soviets got the A-bomb within a few years of Hiroshima as well, for two examples.

Since the Federation is an advanced, technology-oriented society it would be our enemies trying to keep up with us in most cases, I believe.

I will also remind you that Klingons did not invent the cloaking device - they got it from the Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
I will also remind you that Klingons did not invent the cloaking device - they got it from the Romulans.
And the US got ballistic missile tech from the germans, same thing, an advantage is an advantage no matter how you gain it.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Sure it's an advantage - my point was the other side often gets it as well.

Rocket technology:
Nazi Germany -> U.S. -> Soviet Union -> China -> lesser players

Aside from incremental technology improvements, no side has a lasting advantage where they can say "We have this and you don't."
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Krieger, I'm not trying to fight with you, yes I quoted your in reality, spray ammo. and was commenting again about your comment of a lack of counter-measures.

In reality your not always using the same equipment. A knife and a sniper rifle are both perfectly capable of killing a person, yet only one is when employed at 500 meters.

In world war two the Japanese never came up with, or employed any kind of efective anti-submarine counter measures. End result is 314 US submarines sunk 1,560 japanese ships loosing only 52 in return. While in the atlantic 783 german U-boats were lost and by 1943 the US, and Britan learned how to counter the threat. In March '43 750,000 tons of allied shipping was lost, but by July that number dropped to 188,000 tons and 130 U-boats were sunk.

So everyone had Submarines, while only some learned to howto counter-measure them.

Everyone has Aircraft? and bombers have been around since WW1 so..what other nation has the B-52? the B-2? like how you say everyone would have a cloak...
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-23-2010, 04:52 PM
i dont attack as such, i prefer to sub/vm and watch the borg kill them, even had one moan in zone about how OP borg vm is
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
If you do view it dishonorable, why?
Nope. Its a sound tactical move.

Quote:
And if you disapprove of such an action, and saw a Klingon player doing it, would you black list him?
No; but I would blacklist anyone who suicides in PvP matches.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I play both sides of these things. That being said, I do cloak and wait for an opportune moment to kill while playing my Klingon and I love it. While playing my Fed, I assume the Klingons are going to do the same thing that I do (and they usually do) so I'm not mad at all; sure it sucks, but Feds can feel free to use MES and do the same thing to Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Do you view waiting in cloak, watching a Federation player conduct PvE, and attacking him when his shields are down, dishonorable or honorable?

And if you disapprove of such an action, and saw a Klingon player doing it, would you black list him?
I have an objective to complete. The Borg are an obstacle, Starfleet is an obstacle. And since Starfleet ships are better suited to fighting Borg compared to a lone Bird of Prey, I'll let Starfleet clear the Borg, then I'll clear Starfleet. It's a valid tactic when scanning nodes, which we'll be unable to scan while cloaked after the update.

I think too many people are getting their ideas of "honor" and "Klingon Honor" mixed up.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Do you view waiting in cloak, watching a Federation player conduct PvE, and attacking him when his shields are down, dishonorable or honorable?

That's funny! But cruel.