Lt. Commander
# 31
03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortofuego
Whatever I could do to kill the enemy and live to fight another day.

Korthos
Since the first fist was thrown this has been the only rule in warfare.
It's probably called a "War Zone" for a reason.
And, I agree, I've had this done to me just as many times as I've done it.
I accept it as somethings that happens.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-23-2010, 06:38 PM
It's not something that I would normally do, but every time I'm in the war zones the feds typically outnumber the klingons by a large margin, and will kill every klingon without a second thought. When I see this happen I make it a priority to attack any of these gankers when they are weak.

Today I commented about the ganking, and one in particular decided to be smug about it, so I went out looking for him, found him alone and blew him away.

If you're not going to give the klingons at the spawn a chance, then I'm going to do my best to make sure that you don't have one later on. That said, those who don't participate I don't do this to.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-23-2010, 06:40 PM
A kill is a kill. You enter a PvP zone, get ready to be jumped. I shall not wait until you are 'prepared' for my attack before unloading at you.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Hahahahah What?
03-23-2010, 07:27 PM
I seen 10 fedration players farm 2 fed players today who were on my team , I was able to stealth impulse by but I just watched as they farmed thier OWN ppl for 15 some mins......Tell me again about Honor.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Do you view waiting in cloak, watching a Federation player conduct PvE, and attacking him when his shields are down, dishonorable or honorable?

If you do view it dishonorable, why?

And if you disapprove of such an action, and saw a Klingon player doing it, would you black list him?
Honor is good planning, execution, and victory.
Dishonor is bad planning, poor execution, defeat, dying for nothing... a fool's death.

Lastly:

We are at war
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah, it is crazy how quickly feds will turn on their own and camp them. I feel sorry for the feds getting ganked as they can't cloak and if they run; they'll get chased and killed. I usually sit and watch until the feds move on and kill the ones that stay behind to camp.

I was in borg hunt yesterday with a fed player named worm and man they showed no mercy. He ran for it and 3 feds chased him down and he ran some more and they kept on him. Once another player zoned in and he respawned we slaughtered the feds. I personally would not shoot at a kling if he was bugged and on the fed side unless shot at me first.

Trash talking is a waste of time and if there is a trash talker thats in the same instance as me I will make it a priority to kill them over and over and over and over. I rarely engage in trash talking but I do occasionally slip up because of how terrible some fed players are.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I recognize Vor (Sarty) as one who is often in Borg Hunt part of RZR, and second his observations. Feds turn on Feds like vultures and without mercy, and I can't see me doing that to another Klingon unless they came at me.

In fact as a Klingon, I'd reach out and ask if the guy on the other side would help scout - since he can do so without being attacked.

I was on my RA5 when RZR jumped me yesterday, and I enjoyed several explosions to their three some - both win and loss - good fun. Later that night I was happy to jump on my BG5 and be one of the attacking Klingons.

In the end, I see Borg Hunt as one of the most open PvP elements of the game. I also think it says good things about RZR when I see three of their fleet conducting raids like that. More organized fleets like RZR working together in the same instance would help in areas like Borg Hunt more than any single adjustment Cryptic could make.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-24-2010, 10:57 AM
well if you are in a non co-op zone then it's a free for all.
I've not once not been attacked in the Ker'rat system by a fed while I've already engaged a borg(s).
Turnabout is fair play.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Didnt bother to read all the other posts, but in answer to the OP, regardless of PvP or non-PvP....the basic tactic of laying in wait and ambushing an opponent is not honorable. A True Klingon or someone who wants to RP one, would find honor in measuring himself against his opponent, it does not gain him honor to take his opponent unaware or at less than his normal fitness level. To gain honor you must face opponents who are equal to or stronger than your self. To fight a lesser foe is a loss of honor. You may subjugate lesser races but you gain no honor in it, and in fact will give the lesser race Honor if they valiantly resist. There is no Dishonor in losing, there is only dishonor in trying to cheat to gain honor.

This is NOT a commentary on the Games PvP or mechanics or reality that necessitates Klingon Cloaking. Klingons were NEVER intended to have Cloaking technology in Gene Roddenberrys plan, however in the early 80's a script leak caused a late stage replacement of Romulans with Klingons instead...it was too late to do rewrites so they just plugged in Klingon where it said Romulan. Im reciting this stuff from memory from the time, so don't have the exact details but I do know that is what whent down in the real world, Klingons got Cloaks by a fluke, not because it is honorable to ambush your foes.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-24-2010, 11:33 AM
What's the difference if you get bounced by someone that's cloaked or not , while you're engaged with an AI that's obviously not an easy kill ? If you get bounced by one or twenty players the chances are good , you were not prepared for the fight. When you fight the AI there's always a chance you can pull adds ? You could still die ? I'm sorry I'm just not seeing the difference . I'm not bashing anyone , but coming out of cloak is like warping into the system to a degree, we have to deal with what's thrown at us ?