Lt. Commander
# 61
03-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Many animals attack from a cloaked position. An example is the Great White Shark, which hurtles from the depths to deliver a surprise strike on prey near the water's surface. It dose what its built for.

A Klingon Bird of Prey de-cloaking and firing on a ship is no different than the shark, it dose what it's built for.

The problem is not cloaking, its the honor-less crowd control both sides shamelessly spam. The fault lies with Cryptic for trying to lure the WoW crowd with its cloned battlegrounds and combat system.
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Funny how all the Feddy players are quick to say what is honorable or not for Klingons.

I fight to win. Anything less than that is dishonorable.

As for fighting a weaker opponent, all our opponents come from weaker races so this is just natural and a fact of life.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Guys ...it ever was and ever will be the winner who writes the History ...so everything that counts is victory. Honorable would be to fight even if outnumbered (its a good day to die) but theres nothing wrong in blowing something up that didnt stand a chance ...its a war (thanks to the devs) ,all that counts is winning it.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Do you view waiting in cloak, watching a Federation player conduct PvE, and attacking him when his shields are down, dishonorable or honorable?

If you do view it dishonorable, why?

And if you disapprove of such an action, and saw a Klingon player doing it, would you black list him?
The whole Klingon Empire is about war. In Star Trek Generations the Movie, what do the Klingon's do to the Enterprise? Why they attack it by using Geordi's visor to get the Shields information and attack when their not paying attention. This is exactly why there is a war going on between Fed and Klings. The Klingon's as far as the Federation goes can't be trusted and you better believe they can't be trusted. I am out to get every single Federation ship I can get my hands on and blow it out of the sky with no remorse.

Honor to the Klingon Captain that takes out all the Federation ships they can!

Hail the Klingon Empire!
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwen
The whole Klingon Empire is about war...
Exactly. Which is why I don't understand all the people complaining about the game treating them as one-dimensional. They ARE one-dimensional.
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
Exactly. Which is why I don't understand all the people complaining about the game treating them as one-dimensional. They ARE one-dimensional.
Then you haven't watched Star Trek, have you? There's been numerous story arcs dedicated to Klingons that did not involve simple "Press FIRE for Disruptors now." Quite a bit of it had to do with their sense of honor or bids for power. Outright brutality and ruthlessness is only part of our forte

Cryptic DOES have the opportunity to do really something special with the Klingons as far as story and missions go, because their outlook and way of thinking is vastly different from the Federation in their pretty, prissy, cute little uniforms, who don't want to harm a field mouse. You get just a tiny taste of it with the newly introduced KDF PVE missions recently.
Lt. Commander
# 67
04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I've seen plenty of Star Trek. Klingons have but one goal: to die in battle. Any vocation other than warrior is looked down upon.

I am pleased that Cryptic took the PvE in a decidedly Klingon direction - I was pleasantly surprised that the missions were not just copies of Federation PvE. Annihilate Tribble Breeding Domes anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 68 I use often
04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I do use this tactic when available, is it honorable to use a ambush tactic to crush your enemy. Yes. To all those who say it is cowardly or ganking. Given the options, fly up and attack in plain view and let any other fed players know where you are, is just a fools death. There is no honor in that. The cloak is given to us to use, not to simply sneak in, but to use to our advantage. And besides as others have said they are given abilities to drop or detect cloaked ships so there is no need to QQ over something you have but do not use to give you an edge
Lt. Commander
# 69
04-03-2010, 10:33 PM
My favorite part of Ker'rat is toying with Federation commanders. I like to wait for a straggler, uncloak, rip off a few shots, re-cloak and then start quoting General Chang from Star Trek VI.

"I see you, *captain name here*. Can you see me? Come now, captain. You do prefer it this way don't you? No peace in our time."

I then engage in maniacal laughter as I continue to cloak/decloak while I terrorize. Sometimes the other player is game. Sometimes they get irate. But mostly, they just get blow'd up real good.

There should be more zones like this. The addition of a third party element to the proceedings makes it dynamic. I mean, sometimes my strategy goes awry and the Borg end up owning me too.

Come now, captains ... you do prefer it this way don't you? In space all warriors are cold warriors.
Lt. Commander
# 70
04-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickSh0t
My favorite part of Ker'rat is toying with Federation commanders. I like to wait for a straggler, uncloak, rip off a few shots, re-cloak and then start quoting General Chang from Star Trek VI.

"I see you, *captain name here*. Can you see me? Come now, captain. You do prefer it this way don't you? No peace in our time."

I then engage in maniacal laughter as I continue to cloak/decloak while I terrorize. Sometimes the other player is game. Sometimes they get irate. But mostly, they just get blow'd up real good.

There should be more zones like this. The addition of a third party element to the proceedings makes it dynamic. I mean, sometimes my strategy goes awry and the Borg end up owning me too.

Come now, captains ... you do prefer it this way don't you? In space all warriors are cold warriors.

hahah I did this for weeks till i joined razor fleet we arent allowed to bad mouth ppl in zone , but boy it was fun general chang is the man...be warned tho you are going get really wel-known doing this and killed on site for it.

anyway back on topic

This topic is pretty lame , I should make topics like fedration players are not logical , why are you not playing logically??? You seem to forget much like you are not all Vulcans , I would say half or even morethan half of the KDF are NOT klingons they are the slave races and care little to almost Nothing about Honor

Understand?