Lt. Commander
# 1 Twilight sunk to a new low...
03-23-2010, 04:55 PM
For the record, I despise anything Twilight. Well, besides making total and complete fun of it.

My sister found this link on Twitter and I had to share it. I mean, really? Who the crap would think of showing New Moon to wolves? PETA should protest them for extreme cruelty to animals. hahaha.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
You have risen to new levels of respect in my books with your attitude towards Twilight. As for playing it to wolves, well it's better than hunting them into extinction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Hahahahaha now my sister just wrote a poem about it for her French homework. (She had to write a poem about something in nature).

Here it is translated to English.

The Wolves Who Watch New Moon

Wolves
Confused, annoyed, absurd
Watching, wondering
When they see the film
Why?

It's even better if you read it in the way Shatner would on Conan.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Hate Twilight... The night New Moon was released, I headed into work, innocently expecting just another night... But no. Instead, I was greeted by well over 200 people, all standing in line, most dressed as sparkly vampires, just... Staring at me...

Scariest moment of my life.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 05:05 PM
I say to finally bury this series in a shallow grave by the roadside like it deserves...

Actually it doesn't deserve that. I deserves to have a chapter of Space Marines and Sisters of Battle leader a crusade against all Twilight fans that will end in the violent purging of this series...

No, scratch that. The series and it's creator deserves to be cast into the Realms of Chaos where they shalt die a thousand deaths a day and have their minds driven beyond madness by the incoherent rumblings of the Warp. That is the first step this series deserves.

Anyway, to finally seal the monstrosity that is Twilight away for good we need to have the last book, Breaking Dawn, made into a movie in all it's graphic detail. All of it. From the werewolf pedophile to the vampire baby pregnancy resulting in crippling. That might be enough to so seriously scar the fans of the series to finally let this abomination of print and film die the ignoble death it deserves.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I say to finally bury this series in a shallow grave by the roadside like it deserves...

Actually it doesn't deserve that. I deserves to have a chapter of Space Marines and Sisters of Battle leader a crusade against all Twilight fans that will end in the violent purging of this series...

No, scratch that. The series and it's creator deserves to be cast into the Realms of Chaos where they shalt die a thousand deaths a day and have their minds driven beyond madness by the incoherent rumblings of the Warp. That is the first step this series deserves.

Anyway, to finally seal the monstrosity that is Twilight away for good we need to have the last book, Breaking Dawn, made into a movie in all it's graphic detail. All of it. From the werewolf pedophile to the vampire baby pregnancy resulting in crippling. That might be enough to so seriously scar the fans of the series to finally let this abomination of print and film die the ignoble death it deserves.
And I thought I had a burning hatred for that series...

One thing I don't understand, though... When Harry Potter was released, everyone here freaked out. Seriously, they had book burnings, everything, claiming it was corrupting the children with Satanic messages. Now, Twilight comes out and everyone's praising it for finally getting kids to read.

Screw it, I'm moving to... Well, anywhere but here!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm glad I'm not big into movies. hehehe I gag at the walmart commercial they show:
"you don't want to be in my life." *some chick watching in tears* "i love you."

Serious? She must be a crazy cat lady in training. :p

I didn't like the LotR either when I was at Japan. It was hyped up too much I thought. After relenting and buying The Two Towers extended on dvd I was sold but still there's a limit to how much any one thing should be promoted in my humble opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Ah, Twilight. The story of one teenage girl's choice between bestiality and necrophilia.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post

HEY! THATS MY LINK!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValinAntilles View Post
HEY! THATS MY LINK!
Yes it is and thanks for providing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
And I thought I had a burning hatred for that series...

One thing I don't understand, though... When Harry Potter was released, everyone here freaked out. Seriously, they had book burnings, everything, claiming it was corrupting the children with Satanic messages. Now, Twilight comes out and everyone's praising it for finally getting kids to read.

Screw it, I'm moving to... Well, anywhere but here!
Well what it is is that if you just watch the first movie it seems stupid, hokey, shallow, and even more stupid. Although there is no meaningful plot, it also doesn't have anything that Christians would find too offensive. Yes there are vampires, but they are so watered down the word is just a label. They don't really act like vampires; they act like sparkly sissies. But the movie skips a lot of the internal dialogue of the book which is really more of a Mormon sex fantasy. Remove the inner dialogue, clean it up a bit and you are left with a Mormon fantasy.

Harry Potter was the exact opposite. You had wizardry, ghost, goblins, witches, and all that stuff that might be heretical. But you missed a lot of the book's inner dialogue of friendship, kindness, love, and good triumphing evil.

So if you just watch the movies you miss the important subtext and inner thoughts of your characters that are in the books. Moral of the story, read the book.