Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey there!!

With Arachnidus' permission, I am setting up a Soundtrack Thread for his RP, "A strange ship in a familiar time...".

How this will work: Each major Character will have two themes, a Character Theme and a Battle Theme for their Ship (NOTE: you can also incldue a third theme if your ship has some kind of Overdrive). Both Themes will be chosen by the Forum Member RPing that Character, and can be any form of music, as long as it has a YouTube Clip. There will also be Generic Themes for various situations, such as the Main Title (since this is Arachnidus' RP, I'll let him choose the Main Title Theme).

Once you have selected a particular Character or Battle Theme, post a link to the YouTube Clip with that Theme here, so I can find it and add it to the Master Soundtrack. Also, you can come up with a Soundtrack Title for the Theme you've chosen, if you think the Track's Official Title doesn't fit that Theme's purpose as well as the music itself does.

This initial Post shall serve as the Master Soundtrack, with links to the YouTube Clips that will let you listen to the different tracks. When you post in the actual RP Thread, if a particular Theme fits a certain scene, you will post a link to this Soundtrack Thread at the beginning of that Scene, stating which Theme people should play as they read that scene.

OK, here's the Master List so far:

FEDERATION THEMES:
Rear Admiral Arachnidus 'Vadam:

U.S.S. Normandy (Arachnidus' Battle Theme): The Day The World Went Away by Nine Inch Nails

Rear Admiral Hayate Yagami: Haruka Naru Ishi (Master of the Night Sky) from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

U.S.S. Arthra (Hayate's Battle Theme): Prayers of Victory (Pray by Nana Mizuki)

U.S.S. Arthra Deploying Lohengrin: Ace in the Hole (Ace of Aces from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)

Alicia Yamato, MS Girl: Zips (Undercover Remix) by T.M. Revolution (NOTE: Alicia is part of the Arthra's crew, so this counts as her Battle Theme)

Captain Rylar: Dune Messiah by Brian Tyler

U.S.S. Archon (Rylar's Battle Theme): Summon the Worms by Brian Tyler

Captain K'raq:

U.S.S. Stallion (K'raq's Battle Theme): Frontline by Pillar

GENERIC THEMES:
Main Title: Believe by The Bravery

Intense Battle: High-Speed Action from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

And there's the basics for this RP's Soundtrack Thread. I look forward to seeing what you choose for your themes, and I will also keep looking for Themes to fit roles I haven't found yet.

I seriously hope that I'm starting a Trend here!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Very nice job, Yamato. Hope this starts a trend, as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2010, 04:31 AM
I want this playing when I go into battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

Certainly most fitting for the way we play this game. Even has Sector Space as Cryptic does.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidus View Post
Very nice job, Yamato. Hope this starts a trend, as well.
Thank you, Arachnidus.

Do you have any selections in mind for your theme, your ship's Battle Theme, and/or the Main Title Theme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
I want this playing when I go into battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

Certainly most fitting for the way we play this game. Even has Sector Space as Cryptic does.
If you decide to join Arachnidus' RP, I'll make sure to add your choice as your ship's Battle Theme.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Thank you, Arachnidus.

Do you have any selections in mind for your theme, your ship's Battle Theme, and/or the Main Title Theme?

So far, I am considering the Nine Inch Nails song "The Day The World Went Away" for the battle theme, and the Main Title Theme as "Believe" by The Bravery. Add a little spice into the mix, you know?

Also, I'll be getting to the third update tomorrow, and I've got quite a few things in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidus View Post
So far, I am considering the Nine Inch Nails song "The Day The World Went Away" for the battle theme, and the Main Title Theme as "Believe" by The Bravery. Add a little spice into the mix, you know?

Also, I'll be getting to the third update tomorrow, and I've got quite a few things in mind.
List updated.

I'll post my own update on the RP shortly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
I hadn't given it much thought, so off the top of my head:

Summon the Worms by Brian Tyler as the Archon's battle theme.

Dune Messiah also by Brian Tyler as Rylar's theme. (you can see where I'm going with this can't ya )
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 10:03 PM
List Updated.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
List Updated.