Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet application: Ayana Yirin
03-23-2010, 11:37 PM
STARFLEET COMMAND
Fleet Application

Subject Name: Ayana Yirin
Species: Betazoid

Present Assignment:
Commanding Officer: U.S.S. Sedna, NCC-91337 (Luna-class Reconnaissance Science Vessel)

Fleet Assignment Criteria:
  • Light Roleplay Fleet: Interest in roleplaying character persona, but in the manner of having the character speak for the player. Can enjoy more indept roleplaying but expects to frequently break the fourth wall (with gameplay terms, coming to term with character death/respawn, etc...)
  • Voicechat programs non-mandatory: Non-native english speaker may create certain communication barriers with spoken speech, playtimes in the late evenings discourage the use of voicechat so to not disturb other family members

Notes of Interest (Player):
Player time zone ~ Eastern (GMT -5)
Lifetime Subscription
Casual player (not a hardcore raider, min-maxer)

I've been around since Open Beta, but I've been going mostly on my own so far. It seems an unfortunate trend in this game to have the people in it interact as little as possible. If figure that once a player becomes a member of a fleet, he can benefit from starting to know people and those people are much more likely to 'give a damn'.

I enjoy roleplay and I expect that now that I've done mostly all I could in this game so far (barring creating a new Federation or Klingon character) there should be a lot more mileage I can get in enjoyment from it by joining a fleet and getting to put more than just the tip of my toe in the chance to live in the IP Cryptic offers with Star Trek Online.

So, if I strike your interest and that you'd think I could make a good prospective member for your fleet, chime in here, tell me more about it, link me to wherever you might have more information or to your headquarter (website, message board and such). If that looks appealing to me I'll be sure to get in touch.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2 StarFleet Defenders
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm in StarFleet Defenders, and we're always recruiting. We have a lot of folks, and several smaller groups have formed to run missions together. You're welcome to come apply on our website if you're still looking.

We don't do roleplay too much. Most of our roleplay is just to make a joke, usually along the lines of "Darn those Klingons! They got fur in my targ milk again!! I will make them pay."
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Project Navras may very well be the fleet you're looking for. We're a fleet nearing 50 ships, at the moment, devoting ourselves to enjoying every aspect that Star Trek Online has to offer, whether it's RP, PVP, or simply good, old fashioned PVE, with raids and fleet actions. We have our own forums, voice comms, and weekly schedule of events-- with member access to the Fleet Bank, and regularly-held contests for our members.

We have a complete award/medals system on our forums, thus allowing our members to earn commendations and decorations from their actions within the fleet. We also have divisions, allowing you to devote yourself to certain duties/responsibilities within the fleet that will help you in progressing through our ranking system.

If you're interested, then it all starts by checking out our fleet recruitment thread. The link is located in my signature-- and after that, check out our website and forums at www.ProjectNavras.com -- you might even decide to fill out an application.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2010, 12:56 PM
forgive my up front nature but may i suggest the following:

team with people prior to making a leap of faith for a fleet. if you come across someone in a fleet, pm them and sak if they would like to join for a cpl missions. get a feel for the fleet in person and through that person.

just my two cents.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Hello Ayana Yirin,

As a representative of the Canadian Federation it is my honour to extend an invitation to you.

Our members are mature and practical in their conduct. We were formed by casual players whom like to have all the benefits of a fleet without any of the hassles of a rigid command structure. While we may be casual we are very dedicated. Above all else our fleet is about getting together and having fun with our members. The majority of our members are Canadian and American, but don't let that hold you back, we are open to everyone. We have a dedicated Ventrilo server for Fleet communication.

We currently have over 100 helpful, active members and are growing every day. We are currently active across all NA time zones. We have divisions set up for RP, PvE, PvP, and crafting - so everyone can find something they enjoy.

So if you like what you hear, please come and check out our site. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or any of our other fleet members.

Thank you for your consideration,

The Canadian Federation
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Greetings, Ayana Yirin. Fleet 1580 is a fleet for casual gamers like yourself, and we're in the Eastern US timezone (as well as Central) to boot! While we're not a strictly RP fleet, many players (including myself) choose to play as you do, with the character speaking for the player (but having to come out of character from time to time). Also, we have need for a couple more science career players right now. We do use Ventrilo for in-game chat, but it is not required. In fact, all fleet activities are voluntary only.

We would love for you to consider us. I invite you to check out our recruiting thread for more information, and also our fleet website and forums. I wish you the best of luck in finding a fleet, and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me @ZweiSchuppen.