Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Implied consent, that is all I have to say on the off topic. That, and yes they will probably just ban me. Easier than working.

For the on topic, spam is against the rules.
Not worried bout the SPAM "rule" on this thread since you obviously went off topic when you stated that in your post. SO a GM will prob. lock this thread anyways, which wouldn't suprise me. Since legal stuff was brought up in it. Secondly, implied consent will once again not apply since you agreed to CS ToS, but very well. Just as long as you know your account can be banned I am happy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrTuvok
Not worried bout the SPAM "rule" on this thread since you obviously went off topic when you stated that in your post. SO a GM will prob. lock this thread anyways, which wouldn't suprise me. Since legal stuff was brought up in it. Secondly, implied consent will once again not apply since you agreed to CS ToS, but very well. Just as long as you know your account can be banned I am happy.
Obviously off topic?

The OP wasn't silenced due to spam?

Sure read that way to me...

Meh, apologies if I read the thread wrong. But being silenced 5 times is evidence of spam. And I am not the only poster to smell that, am I.

If you don't want to be silenced due to the "report spam" then quit spamming. I find it really hard to believe people are just hitting "report spam" for no good reason. Especially FIVE DIFFERENT groups of people.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Obviously off topic?

The OP wasn't silenced due to spam?

Sure read that way to me...

Meh, apologies if I read the thread wrong. But being silenced 5 times is evidence of spam. And I am not the only poster to smell that, am I.

If you don't want to be silenced due to the "report spam" then quit spamming. I find it really hard to believe people are just hitting "report spam" for no good reason. Especially FIVE DIFFERENT groups of people.
You confused me. Actually I think I read your post wrong. I thought you ment SPAM on here (forums), not in game. My apoligies if thats what you ment.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrTuvok
You confused me. Actually I think I read your post wrong. I thought you ment SPAM on here (forums), not in game. My apoligies if thats what you ment.
I do mean "in-game" spam. And no need for apologies, it isn't the first time my words were confusing

If someone has been silenced FIVE TIMES, there is some spamming going on. Ocham's Razor says so.

"All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the right one." (Paraphrased)
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
I do mean "in-game" spam. And no need for apologies, it isn't the first time my words were confusing

If someone has been silenced FIVE TIMES, there is some spamming going on. Ocham's Razor says so.

"All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the right one." (Paraphrased)
I agree with you 100%, yes if someone has been silenced that much they are SPAMMING, maybe I should buy them a can of SPAM (you know that fake stuff that people get at the store, some call it 'potted meat').

But to be honest, even fleet recruitments constitute spam to me if they post over and over and over and I cannot read what everyone else is saying.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Funny thing...

I noticed I already had the OP on ignore, you have to be extremely irritating or a spammer to get on that list.

As for being silenced 5 times....

The one common link to all 5 events is yourself.
Doing the same exact thing over and over while expecting different results is a sure sign of insanity.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
lmao...

another QQ thread about "i got silenced, and all i was doing is spamming. i dont understand" thread....

this is what? near 4 in less then a week?
Lt. Commander
# 28 Now I Remember..
03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupgoblin View Post
Funny thing...

I noticed I already had the OP on ignore, you have to be extremely irritating or a spammer to get on that list.

As for being silenced 5 times....

The one common link to all 5 events is yourself.
Doing the same exact thing over and over while expecting different results is a sure sign of insanity.
Same thing here. I honestly couldn't remember offhand why I'd put this person on ignore (I only Report Spam in response to gold sellers, incidentally) until someone brought up the "alpha male." Only then did I recall this person going on (and on, and on..) in some sort of wierd delusional rant in the Deepspace K7 interior chat zone.

While I do realize that a certain amount of juvenile "trash talk" is the expected norm among a certain subset of the PvP pseudo-culture, and I generally just roll my eyes and put up with that, this person apparently has a habit of going way beyond the pale even by those standards.

Honestly, take the Klingons as an example here. They certainly love to trade insults, but they're to the point about them and don't babble on to the point of self-mockery when they do it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
I just logged in first time in about a week and a half... noticed i have 11 more hours silence time.

Thanks again Craptic.... fantastic job you are doing yet again. I commend you on your aptitude.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
I just logged in first time in about a week and a half... noticed i have 11 more hours silence time.

Thanks again Craptic.... fantastic job you are doing yet again. I commend you on your aptitude.

And oddly enough, another person complaining of being silenced who was on my ignore list, hmmmmmm, the name doesn't look familiar. This is getting eerily ironic.

Quick question though. Do you post a lot of negative and inflammatory comments on the forums?
I'm not pointing any fingers just asking a question...

If so, it could be a lot of people set you to ignore on the forums (which also ignores in game), while you were not playing, thus you come back from a hiatus with a silence...

That is just an uninformed guess, though. So you would probably be best served asking a gm or send an email to a rep to find out what happened.