Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Then again...in VOY: Dark Frontier, the Queen did mention the development of the Borg Assimilation Virus...which if I recall would actually infect all lifeforms on a planet.......Which would lead one to assume that birds, cats, dogs, sheep, etc would end up being Borgified.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Here's a scary line of thought..Borg assimilate tribbles...borg get Tribble DNA introduced...Borg self replicate like Tribbles. Bye Bye Miss American pie!
Oh crap....Can we find a pocket dimension somewhere now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Then again...in VOY: Dark Frontier, the Queen did mention the development of the Borg Assimilation Virus...which if I recall would actually infect all lifeforms on a planet.......Which would lead one to assume that birds, cats, dogs, sheep, etc would end up being Borgified.....
That borders on comedy...the Borg parrot. *Rawk!* We are borg Rawk!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Always wondered what Borg would do to Cyborgs?

Maybe improve what they had while assimilating folks?

This didn't really seem to be addressed or worked out properly though...since Picard still has the same crappy artificial heart he had before he got assimilated.

So Borgs ARE Cannibals AND angry women who want their stuff back!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Then again...in VOY: Dark Frontier, the Queen did mention the development of the Borg Assimilation Virus...which if I recall would actually infect all lifeforms on a planet.......Which would lead one to assume that birds, cats, dogs, sheep, etc would end up being Borgified.....
I've always thought the Borg were the ickiest SF villain. Berserkers just kill you. Cylons just kill you (and maybe make a copy of you, but it ain't you). Even Aliens just kill you. Maybe after using you as a host, but you still end up dead.

But the Borg make you a Borg. I've always wondered if the original person was still trapped in there somewhere, aware of what had happened and unable to do anything about it. They don't make any reference to it in the shows, but I can't help thinking it might be so.

And that seems far worse than just being dead
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
That borders on comedy...the Borg parrot. *Rawk!* We are borg Rawk!
*Rawk* Crackers are irrelevant *Rawk*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
I've always thought the Borg were the ickiest SF villain. Berserkers just kill you. Cylons just kill you (and maybe make a copy of you, but it ain't you). Even Aliens just kill you. Maybe after using you as a host, but you still end up dead.

But the Borg make you a Borg. I've always wondered if the original person was still trapped in there somewhere, aware of what had happened and unable to do anything about it. They don't make any reference to it in the shows, but I can't help thinking it might be so.

And that seems far worse than just being dead
Actually, it may be a special case, but Picard did talk about how he was conscious and aware of his every action, but under the control of the Collective. He mentioned this in some dialogue with Robert Picard in "Family."

Again, it might be a special case, because he was Locutus, and not just another drone, but it still made for an excellent case of And I Must Scream.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 AM.