Lt. Commander
# 1 Only Way to fix PvP
03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
I keep reading all the threads of how and why PvP is broken.

Let's all finally be honest with each other....

Bottom line is this: The PvP matches should only start when the numbers are even. That's it.....really.

Why you say?

I keep reading that Feds can't PvP. That's ridiculous. When it's 5 on 1, does that mean the 1 stinks,? No....

I do agree with some of you. Some people don’t know how to fight as a team. Ever think of why? It’s because, 9 out of 10 times, matches start out way uneven. No wonder perception (especially @ the FEDS) people can’t PvP.

Let’s keep being honest with each other – How many times have you seen ground PvP tides turn because a 3 man team “Finally” joined the scenario. Yesterday, I was on my Fed LT. I found 2 other guys in a previous ground battle that wanted to Q again. When we entered, we were 12 behind and ended up winning with 10 to spare. Does that make me elite? Heck no. It does show however what a “team can do”. At the end , we were still 1 person short of the Klingons.

Last scenario: Please keep in mind, I don’t know end game yet (highest toon is a CMDR - Klingon). People keep complaining about Klingons being able to decloak and basically eliminate their 1st target. I ended up on a team that had 4 other Klingons that were using vent. They told me target order and when to go. The Fed team, must have been a fleet team because there entire team buffed and kept alive our very 1st target. It had to be the very best Space PvP I ever played - we only won by a single AC, 15-14. Everyone actually cheered!! We really only won because when all hell broke loose, we finally regrouped and they didn’t, but that only happened at the very end.

Isn’t that what we really want in our PvP - A feel of real victory?

How do we fix this? Why not make a 2 min Pre-PvP Q. Basically, you enter the scenario early, and wait 2 mins before you start “Hunting”. That gives people the 1 min time limit to accept the PvP Q and also gives an additional 1 min for those that didn’t accept. That way teams would start out more even. I can hear you now. OMG, I don’t wanna wait 2 more mins!!! Well, why not? You would rather run around for 20 mins killing the same 1 or 2 people over and over again? If teams were even, matches would end MUCH faster and be a heck of allot more fun.

And maybe the crappy Feds can start learning to play as a team…..Note the sarcasm…..
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
I Agree, good post. It is all about teamwork. 2 mins. not that bad, better than 10 mins with no one to fight. balance from the beginning, that's what we all want. close games are a lot more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
I hate to bring WoW up, but they automatically close PVP battlegrounds if it doesn't ahve enough people on both sides, this should be the same.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
2 min wait could be good give time to people to form a team get some basic teamwork down, and of course help much in having even teams.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
2 min wait could be good give time to people to form a team get some basic teamwork down, and of course help much in having even teams.
Allow like 2 minutes before each battle starts to fill out both teams.