Lt. Commander
# 11
03-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIRockin
...once I got to know some of the Klingon players and send friendly banter back and forth, it made PVP fun.
I concur with PSIRockin. My KDF character, Dagai - now T4, has been regularly fighting the same group of people in ground PvP since T2. We say our "friendly" hellos then get to bashing each other physically and verbally, but always in an "add fun to the game" sort of way. Yesterday Lori even said she hated Dagai less when she learned that I didn't use smoke grenades for one whole match.

I have played many MMOs, several that blocked all forms of communication between sides, even emotes, and players still found ways around it, in-game or out. I detest the intentionally insulting smack-talking that you sometimes see in /zone, but I wouldn't want to give up the ability to have respectful, if aggressive, banter just to get rid of the nasty trash talking. Those people can be ignored, passively or otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Zonewide chat is fine, but there needs to be private faction-specific channels for each team in a PvP environment. Currently if you're in a large game, it is not possible to speak privately to everyone on your team. That needs to change.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Zone chat is great. There are some really good insults that fly between the good and bad guys. problem is that one player (either side) always takes things personal and other players is something you can't fix. However, I'm guilty as the next guy because when you see one guy getting mad he becomes an easy kill because he (she) is singlemindedly focused on the other player and makes horrific mistakes which are easily exploitable.