Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 PVP Leaderboards
03-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm just saying, PVP leaderboards would be pretty neat to have. K/D stats, damage, healing, games played, how many times you quit the fight.

Have a bunch of different boards for FvF, KvK and FvK, and also for different maps as well as an overall board.

What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipigi
I'm just saying, PVP leaderboards would be pretty neat to have. K/D stats, damage, healing, games played, how many times you quit the fight.

Have a bunch of different boards for FvF, KvK and FvK, and also for different maps as well as an overall board.

What do you guys think?
This form of 'viagra' doesn't belong in this game. PvP is not health as is, last thing I want is to listen to someone brag about their KD and talk smack about federation noobs with KD of less than 1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
This form of 'viagra' doesn't belong in this game. PvP is not health as is, last thing I want is to listen to someone brag about their KD and talk smack about federation noobs with KD of less than 1.
This is not about "viagra". Its a valid tool for PvPers. Whats the point of PvP if you cant compare yourself against your fellow man? In case you hadn't noticed, smack goes around on these forums anyway. People brag all the time. This would set things straight. And as you know, many games, even other MMO's, use such ranking systems.

It would also no doubt attract more people to PvP, and force said players to perhaps try and play a little better.

There will always be QQers about PvP, saying it is broken and unbalanced no matter how balanced it becomes. I'm not saying it's perfect the way it is now, but some people will always think it is broken.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipigi
This is not about "viagra". Its a valid tool for PvPers. Whats the point of PvP if you cant compare yourself against your fellow man? In case you hadn't noticed, smack goes around on these forums anyway. People brag all the time. This would set things straight. And as you know, many games, even other MMO's, use such ranking systems.

It would also no doubt attract more people to PvP, and force said players to perhaps try and play a little better.

There will always be QQers about PvP, saying it is broken and unbalanced no matter how balanced it becomes. I'm not saying it's perfect the way it is now, but some people will always think it is broken.
Unfortunately this wouldn't attract anyone to PvP. Your system would only encourage elitism among PvPers and discourage any casual players from engaging in PvP. The people you see bragging on the forum are a small, but vocal minority. As far as comparing yourself to others, you already compare yourself when you PvP. If you die often, that means you aren't up to par; that is pretty obvious isn't it ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-25-2010, 01:22 AM
I agree that metric stats tracking can be useful for many purposes, not just bragging rights.

But I would also include more detailed stats, such as participation-based ratings, which would give a fairer (or more objective and readily comparable) indication of the game's overall player base. It would also facilitate fairer matchmaking, with the possiblity of viable tournaments down the road.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-25-2010, 02:22 AM
I wouldn't mind a kill/death ratio but anything else is a bit meh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I wouldn't mind a kill/death ratio but anything else is a bit meh
/sign

If its not bragging, then its a statistic of how well/bad each individual has done it for own purpose. EVE has something similar aka the killboard where kills/loses based on player, corp and alliance performance.

Would be neat to have
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-25-2010, 03:30 AM
nah, pvp in its current state, not happening, especially for individuals.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-25-2010, 03:37 AM
na bad idea, i went through t4 with about 10 deaths and a lot of kills so hell i think i would look quite good on the board. However, i would be concerned that the borg hunt for the daily would become a griefing ground with nothing but unsklilled players waiting to kill those already half dead from the borg just to stat pad. There are probalby many ways to get a high kill ratio from fight clubbing too. the ratio would be pretty much worthless imo
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
If its not bragging, then its a statistic of how well/bad each individual has done it for own purpose.
Kill:death ratios, similar to win:loss ratios, are not an accurate measure of success on an individual basis. The reason is that kills and deaths, and wins and losses, depend more upon teamwork than individual participation.

Participation-based ratings, however, are a much more accurate measure of individual success or participation.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 AM.