Lt. Commander
# 1 Leveling via PvP
03-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Ok, so I'm sure this may have been answered before, but I don't feel like searching for something that might just be close, but not quite what I'm asking.

I've leveling a char already on the Fed side to 45. So, now I've got back to playing around with my Lethean. Now, unless someone can prove to me that I'm not delusional... leveling via PvP is crap! I have been getting about 90 skill points per match and much of the time it does take a little bit to get into a match. I have been told that the PvP grants more skill points than turning in a mission would (all Kling side) like doing Kahless Expanse. If I'm not mistaken... I'm not earning quite as much as I should be for the amount of time and effort going in to this. Not to mention the PvP missions aren't scaling right. I'm LC5 at the moment and the highest level mission I have is LC1, that being K.E.

So, can math explain this? Are things even or am I just noticing something which has already been complained about?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
If you are fed side, level with pve missions. The only reason that klingons level with pvp by preference is because their mission reward are artificially lowered by virtue of them being given at the start of each rank tier. What is the best option for klingons is still poor in comparison to anything the feds get.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idryll_Alira View Post
If you are fed side, level with pve missions. The only reason that klingons level with pvp by preference is because their mission reward are artificially lowered by virtue of them being given at the start of each rank tier. What is the best option for klingons is still poor in comparison to anything the feds get.
That's what I figured. I spent twice as much time on my Klingon to get half as much as what my Fed char gets. It's quite discouraging.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Satyr
That's what I figured. I spent twice as much time on my Klingon to get half as much as what my Fed char gets. It's quite discouraging.

Welcome to Federation Online!

To be a Klingon is to play until you're crippled by reptitive motion injuries and your eyes bleed.

You will EARN every point of experience you begrudgenly get. You will have learned your PvP skills. You will know your PvP keyboard in the dark. And you will be accused of cheating because of these. Then you will be nerfed . . . again.

Klingons are like the folks on the lower decks of the Titanic, the stearage passengers. When they assign seats on the lifeboats we won't get any. Or in our case, when the airlock opens we're the ones without a space suit!

We will get a few scraps off the Federation table, nothing more. Some occasional Federation content, retreaded for our use, so long as it doesn't take any significant effort to retread.

It's far better to roll a Federation Klingon character and player a tame Klingon, a good Klingon, a safe Klingon. Soon you will be able to "simulate" killing your Federation friends, the ones you secretly hate for making you an unKlingon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 05:32 AM
not to mention that pvp in t1 is now so slow even for klingons (i have just rolled a new one to try and get the officers with the bo skills i want) it is even more painful than i remember the first time
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Apparently the devs reduced the XP reward you get from scenarios -- at least for Klingons. Not sure if it's true for Feds.

I hit level 40 right when this happened so I'm not sure what the deduction was and I never heard why they did it or saw anything in the patch notes, but there was an uprising about it in the PvP forums at the time. So that's probably why it seems so slow now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Leveling a KDF is a slow grind. Too slow. If you agree please post here and we can try to get the devs to look at it. Also bug report it. This is how they prioritize stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I agree that the xp is way to limited in comparison to the Fed side. This grind is slower than the star wars galaxies crafting grind, and that was super slow.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah, it's slow. Stopped playing my Klingon until "Klingons are fixed". They have until I finish the Fed storyline or the end of March, whichever happens first.

I was really hoping this would be a game I'd love to play for a couple of years instead of 2 months.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
I was really hoping this would be a game I'd love to play for a couple of years instead of 2 months.
Haven't played many Cryptic games, have you.