Lt. Commander
Dear STO Devs,

I have been completing infected now since it came out and have been able to finish and complete the mission but I always have to have 2 healers and we both have to be really good or we have no chance. I been wiping a lot to this episode lately.
So I was paying attention to the boss buffs and debuffs. Then I noticed that there are no icons on her for the buffs so we can't see what the hell she is buffed with that is 1 shooting us shooting us.
Then we saw that we get a buff on 1 of our team mates 1 at a time that is a blue circle and it does a ton of damage to everyone like after 5 secs.
I have gotten this debuff and I didn't see an icon for it so I have no idea what it does.
So how are we as players suppose to figure out a fight if all we have are graphical debuffs with no explanation of what they do.

I really think the bosses should have icons for their buffs and debuffs
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I've been wondering about her buffs/debuffs too. Last night in the chat log we saw that we were doing antiproton damage to each other when fighting her. I'm not sure why though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovive
I've been wondering about her buffs/debuffs too. Last night in the chat log we saw that we were doing antiproton damage to each other when fighting her. I'm not sure why though.
Thats the debuff I am talking about. It goes on a teammate and does dmg to the rest of your team and kills them because its a lot of dmg.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 10:46 AM
There is a lot of speculation going on about the mysterious blue circle. Thought about opening a thread myself.
Quoting from the thread "Why do people make Infected harder than it is?":

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadelta
The only part of the current encounter that we have not figured out yet ...(its not causing a major problem just cant 100% confirm what is going on) is the Rebecca Debuff.

Big blue circle around a member of team that causes them to shoot aoe.

This is the killer and the biggest damage dealer we have seen in the boss fight. Its not Rebecca that aoes your team its someone in your team :S. the damge comes from them.

There is no info on what it is that we can see e.g. does not appear as a debuff on character (like other debuffs appear under health bar so can see what they are) just shows as a big blue circle around the character

We were pretty certain that it only went off if were shooting..however further testing while on a run seems to show that it definataly goes off if shoot or use any abilities even hypos. Standing still it can still go off but not as bad as if shooting using abilities etc.

It will be put on different members of team even if they dont have aggro or are not shooting her so appears as it is something we should be aware of and/or can react to.

You can all spread out so does not hit people near you but then if all spread out round room is more likely you get Rebecca and 3 borg aggro on you at same time which is a bit messy.

Due to it being part of the fight there is obviously a lack of info but im wondering if it is a bit buggy? How would we know ?

It certainly does not seem consistant.

Just so we dont sound noob like we have done a few different ways. Standing in the center is doable but we settled on just fighting her in the last corner we drop the shield at as there is less risk of borg respawn interferring.

We can still complete its just we want to figure this last bit of the fight out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogahma View Post
Been trying to figure this one out myself, at first thought that the action (firing etc) of the player with the blue circle was casuing it, but now looks to be just when ever that person is hit by follow up "electic bolts".

From what I've seen it gose like this, say all members are at full heath/shields, one member gets hit by a lighting bolt losing half their shield and getting the big blue circle. Rebecca will then seemingly randomly fire bolts (look like Preditor plasma caster bolts) at the circle guy who will lose another half of their shield strengh and stright after anyone near that person gets hit by lighting arcing from the circle guy, talking there shields out. Get two of these bolts one after the other and everyone but the circle guy will ether be dead or at only a few HP, the circle guy himself being at half HP.
This was of course asuming everyone was at full heath etc and both attacks happening before shield regen ticked in.

I'm still not 100% sure if the blue cirle guy firing on Rebbecca also causes a AoE as well or not, ether way it's prolly not a good idear to be aggroing her if you have the circle on you.

The big question is what do you do if you got the circle on you?
Get away from you team mates? maybe but she reaplies that circle buff on other group members pretty often. If you have a cover shield up get behind it if your circled, if not I try to get behind her if she is close by and rifle butt spam her as this seems to keep her interupted.
As you said there is no debuff so I'm not even sure any debuff removale ability would effect it, has anyone tried that?
If you can't do any of the above your gona have to just grin and bear it, get ready to pop your hypo/shield pack when the blue cirle is near.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadelta
All in melee range does seem to cause less aoe damage from the debuff but...cant tell why. We tried this in a run last night and ....finished it although we wanted to try a few other things aswell doh.

With the upcomming changes to the boss fight it looks like you do have to fight her in middle and deal with borg respawning at the same time e.g. from middle which is doable but is more risky.

Spread out so are far enough from each other is alsso viable but again need to be carefull of borg respawns.

I dont think we will have a problem completing it but at this point we wont be applying any tactics just watching for debuff and prob healing through any aoe it causes.

I stil think there is something everyone is missing.

Is there anyway to show what debuffs appear on your character? The debuff Rebecca puts on you shows around the character (blue circle) and the damage shos as comming from that character but it does not appear under the health bar as a debuff/buff so there is no howver over tooltip :S
In the beginning I thought you would only shoot the aoe if you use an attack. But I tried out now several times, got the blue circle thingy, didn't do anything at all but just stand there and wait for it to vanish and - bam - I shot half of my group down.
Like Dogahma I noticed you will aoe your team when Rebecca shoots a bolt at you. But I am not yet certain.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
According to my combat log, you also could not do damage to her while you had the blue circle.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2010, 11:15 AM
what's the range on this AoE?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRichar
what's the range on this AoE?
in my experience, over half the room. Tried to have one guy in middle, and other four on the four platforms, when the guy in the middle got it, he usually aoe'd to 1 or 2 of the others, depending on where they were on platforms, and where he was in the center... Still made it easier to heal through, assuming the four on platforms kept borg adds cleared...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Id agree that the range is at least half the room.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrobie
Then we saw that we get a buff on 1 of our team mates 1 at a time that is a blue circle and it does a ton of damage to everyone like after 5 secs.
The secret of this debuff was lifted at another place. It's simple: Whoever has this buff will do damage to all nearby teammates even when standing still and doing nothing. So if you have this debuff your task is to move far away from your teammates.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
The secret of this debuff was lifted at another place. It's simple: Whoever has this buff will do damage to all nearby teammates even when standing still and doing nothing. So if you have this debuff your task is to move far away from your teammates.
yes but it shouldnt be a secret thats my point. why dont the devs but it on our debuff bar so we know what the hell it is.