Lt. Commander
for all those changes you guys did in the patch, you seam to have lacked interest to fix the biggest problem in ground pvp, unbreakable hold from stun guns and massive rifle butt spamm since its the best way for others to held people locked up.

When a gun have 3 sec to refresh a 100% hold attack and the hold stick solid for 8 sec when it hit it dont take a genious to understand how bad it is for the pvp ground game.

I think most people experience hold bad except maybe engineers that seam to overall love it, along with weapon dissruption that disstupt your weapon, your holstered weapon those in the bags and even those left home in the bank for what seam to be an enternity in pvp ground game.

I must say when i heard pvp was going to be fixed i was excited when i see the result that what was bad before just have gotten worse than ever its the end of the line for me, lifetime or not at the moment STO is going fast for a uninstall process and im pretty sure its dead the day any other sci fi mmo rolling over it.

least for now we have space engagements to enjoy while the Devs obviously all playing engineers sitting in ground people to join their maps so they can kill people unable to shoot or move for the duration of the fight.

totally a dissapointment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUB
for all those changes you guys did in the patch, you seam to have lacked interest to fix the biggest problem in ground pvp, unbreakable hold from stun guns and massive rifle butt spamm since its the best way for others to held people locked up.

When a gun have 3 sec to refresh a 100% hold attack and the hold stick solid for 8 sec when it hit it dont take a genious to understand how bad it is for the pvp ground game.

I think most people experience hold bad except maybe engineers that seam to overall love it, along with weapon dissruption that disstupt your weapon, your holstered weapon those in the bags and even those left home in the bank for what seam to be an enternity in pvp ground game.

I must say when i heard pvp was going to be fixed i was excited when i see the result that what was bad before just have gotten worse than ever its the end of the line for me, lifetime or not at the moment STO is going fast for a uninstall process and im pretty sure its dead the day any other sci fi mmo rolling over it.

least for now we have space engagements to enjoy while the Devs obviously all playing engineers sitting in ground people to join their maps so they can kill people unable to shoot or move for the duration of the fight.

after all the good things they added this is what you want to focus on? WIth a good enough team holds wont matter
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
what you want a focus on, new ships new clothes are all good, but this game orbit pvp, ground and space, everyone knows the bugs what work and what dont work in pvp. good pvp games are the close ones, no one have fun if they cant shoot move or do anything but being target practise for a unbalanced pvp match.

there is some serious issues that needed focus with pvp, and they seam to have missed every single one of them, the queues for one its still 5 vs 1 matches because people get impatient and do other things while waiting and don't leave the queues when they enter other maps or do missions or even go afk. so yes this was what i was looking for with a expansion that supposedly was going to fix pvp.

in the long run it dont really matter what uniform i have when im held held held and cant move it only makes me a prettier corpse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
As pointed out above, it sucks when half of both teams are held or rooted in place, until longer cool down times are added or the holds are nerfed some ground pvp will continue to suffer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
You can cure holds with hypos now.

Although they did increase the cooldown on hypos.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
I have to agree with the original post. Since re-specs were implemented but holds not fixed, just about every ground combat Fed I've seen re-spec'd to optimize hold times / effects, roots, etc. Hold spam was already bad... now it's just insane.

Space combat is also broken. Many space maps are running into a fail-to-terminate bug, so the match never ends nor resets, and the regular combat rewards are never given.

With both ground and space broken, there's not much left to do for klingons to do pvp-wise.

I seriously hope some hot-fixes are on the way. Until then, I'm retiring back to WoW...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 12:56 AM
i don't think the holds are bad at all, when u get expose ur roll out or run around the corner or behind something, the expose goes away rather quickly then before patch. No the problem is the many science players who will root you, so you can't escape, and ur expose to exploit to vaporized. Seems to me, Cryptic wants everyone to play science. Science kills everything. i mean everything, because they can prevent from moving...on the ground, and even in space. SubNuc may not be bad, but that was no fix for space.

....er back to the topic...I also notice with the patch in ground matches, Blue team pugs were on even playing field with the Red team pugs...it could be just be me, Q'n in the right time. I know I had to change tactics for my Tactical Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
I have to agree with the original post. Since re-specs were implemented but holds not fixed, just about every ground combat Fed I've seen re-spec'd to optimize hold times / effects, roots, etc. Hold spam was already bad... now it's just insane.

Space combat is also broken. Many space maps are running into a fail-to-terminate bug, so the match never ends nor resets, and the regular combat rewards are never given.

With both ground and space broken, there's not much left to do for klingons to do pvp-wise.

I seriously hope some hot-fixes are on the way. Until then, I'm retiring back to WoW...
Wow yea I was playing my klink on ground pvp and I am not a big fan of the changes. Basically slowed refresh on weapons while not touching stuns etc equates to not fun pvp. Seems like an even bigger adv to be engin/sci and spec expose/eploit builds.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUB

Honestly, I still can't say the holds bother me. Yeah I'd love it if melee holds weren't spammable, but I move around enough that the rifle-butt monkeys don't usually hit me. The Science holds are a bit annoying, but I don't seem to die more often because of them (as compared to fighting any other class).

1-1, holds don't make or break a fight. In team vs. team the holds play a role, but both sides can counter them and both sides are likely to have them. The only time holds really screw me is when I'm outnumbered, but I shouldn't expect to win when I'm outnumbered anyway.

I don't play a character that gets holds, and I mostly avoid weapons with a hold, but holds don't really bother me. The only one that bugs me is melee spam, and that only because I'm certain that players who only use a single key should not be successful in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2010, 06:31 AM
In the new shanty town map I noticed it is more difficult to get a kill shot off when targets are exposed. Not sure if this is part of a function change or simply how the terrain gives players a lot of cover to duck behind and avoid the kill shot. There were some really great fights in Shanty Town last night, the turrents on both sides add a unique element that forces better situational awareness.

I constantly ground PvP in STO on my Klingon Semtuk, and the balance in ground PvP is remarkable. The biggest issue is that most players aren't any good because they don't play with their teammates, and give up before learning how to play within the system. Players who spend no points in ground expect to be as good as players who spend tons of points on ground, and then after getting kicked around the 0 skill spenders complain about the system. Way too many people think ground PvP should be played like PvE - particularly too many Fed Engineers have this mentality.

Ground PvP is fine, just unpopular due to inexperience and the lack of objective based episodes. There are probably only 2 tweaks that could be done to improve the system. (1) Do not allow people to be exposed when at more than half shields, and (2) never by someone more than 20 meters away.

The biggest turn off I see is players at full health/shields being exposed by someone else far off in the distance and then getting one shot from long range while the guy getting killed was previously behind cover. I have no problem with the one shots, because it happens to everyone, but some of the circumstances it happens does leave me thinking the system can be improved.

In general though, ground PvP is balanced but is difficult to do well. It does not need a massive overhaul, but ground PvP has a terrible reputation by many inexperienced players who never spent a point in ground, expect it to be as easy as against the AI, and don't understand why the combination of inexperience and no skill bonuses leads to them getting beat up badly.

I still don't understand how people will rush 4-5 enemies and expect to wipe out the enemy, then after the match complain how ground PvP in STO is bad. What PvP game is so stupid that 1 guy can rush into the middle of 4-5 enemies and start kicking butt regardless of the skill of the other players? The expectations of some people how something should work when it comes to ground PvP often doesn't make sense to me.