Lt. Commander
# 1 Unbelieveable...
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
What the hell have they done to the code since the patch? My graphics are failing now after less than 10 minutes in game.Crazy shapes,colours,i've done nothing to my system before or after the the patch and it's become unplayable.

I use a GTX 280 196.21 drivers Vista full SP and updated.

I could live with the odd failure pre-patch but its unusable now,any help much appreciated.(Wise asses need not reply )
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinead
What the hell have they done to the code since the patch? My graphics are failing now after less than 10 minutes in game.Crazy shapes,colours,i've done nothing to my system before or after the the patch and it's become unplayable.

I use a GTX 280 196.21 drivers Vista full SP and updated.

I could live with the odd failure pre-patch but its unusable now,any help much appreciated.(Wise asses need not reply )
Have you monitored GPU temperatures to see if it's overheating? Crazy shapes and colors are usually the sign of an overheating or failing card, not messed up game code.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree with the above post... I have not had a single issue... In fact I love the new graphical updates... you can actually sse yourself rematerialize when you beam in... sooo coool IMO... Check your card... you may have problems bud
:/
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Brand new card temps reach a max 76*C if I have everything cranked upto full,but i'm not even doing that now.Card holds at around 68*C with the settings i'm using at the moment,and STO still throws a wobbly

I've altered nothing since the update other than turning the graphic settings down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 01:54 AM
That's pretty hot, man. I don't think they should be causing such problems though.

In any case, mine run 60 max. usually 45-50. Got the fan's going 80% speed to help keep em down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Those temps are not bad for a GTX280 at all. In fact, they can break 80C under Furmark testing very easily.

So, it's not overheating. It's failing then

Sorry to bear bad news, would test in other games to confirm. Hit it hard though, nothing old or outdated may stress it hard enough to equal STO. X3 rolling demo is a GREAT test, use Google to find and download, is free.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_moshpit View Post
Those temps are not bad for a GTX280 at all. In fact, they can break 80C under Furmark testing very easily.

So, it's not overheating. It's failing then

Sorry to bear bad news, would test in other games to confirm. Hit it hard though, nothing old or outdated may stress it hard enough to equal STO. X3 rolling demo is a GREAT test, use Google to find and download, is free.
Ok mosh,just D/Loading the rolling demo and i'll give it a try,thanks for the heads up
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Demo ran sweet as a nut,I also have been in game and its miles better than yesterday.Played 2 hours straight,not one blip,methinks the gremlins were at work here

Nice Demo too,will play with it abit more in future,cheers mosh.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 03:12 PM
My graphic card temp is 83 - 85 C GeForce 9800 GTX+ Point-of-View
NVIDIA released new drivers yesterday version 197. Try those.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinead
Demo ran sweet as a nut,I also have been in game and its miles better than yesterday.Played 2 hours straight,not one blip,methinks the gremlins were at work here

Nice Demo too,will play with it abit more in future,cheers mosh.
No prob. Always a good final test of a video card. X3 rolling demo will run artifact free on all known 3D architectures with Dx9.0c hardware support. If you see problems in other games AND X3, you're having hardware problems at that point. If X3 runs with correct rendering, it's not your hardware at fault.