Lt. Commander
Started getting a new alert playing my klingon, seems when some things happen (seen on borg so far) the screen gets a nasty red alert type display covering the screen. Spoke with a Cryptic chap on the IRC (top work there) and he mentioned that it was a new thing.

Unfortunatly for me this is causing me massive headaches when this happens, its really bad, has anyone found a way to diable this?

The Cryptic chap mentioned posting to gather feedback on the feature and a request to disable it.

I havent tried my fed character yet but if it does it on that my playing days could soon be over, cant deal with the headache

EDIT : Does it on fed too :/
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2010, 04:31 PM
I love the voice from my BO, i had the volume to max and jumped out of my chair the first time it spoke.

It was a pleasant suprise, to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 04:44 PM
BO's voices are cool. Back in Beta my Vulcan actually was Spock. (His voiceover was acutally done by Mr. Nimoy).
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Agree on the vo's
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevensev
I love the voice from my BO, i had the volume to max and jumped out of my chair the first time it spoke.

It was a pleasant suprise, to say the least.
Heh, yeah, very cool and "bad guy" sounding (Klingons, at least )
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Sorry but what does BO voices have to do with this? (although i havent heard that )

Im talking about a flashing red graphic all over the screen when some things happen in combat (unknown what does it atm) definatly happens when fighting borg cubes.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2010, 12:22 AM
This is working as intended, I believe. I would actually like to see this beautiful red alert feature stay on constantly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohilio
This is working as intended, I believe. I would actually like to see this beautiful red alert feature stay on constantly.
Good for you, now how do those of us who hate this red flashing effect turn the damn thing off?

What we need is proper buff/debuff icons displayed across the top of the task bar, not a pointless and annoying strobe light to tell us the bleedin' obvious fact that someone is shooting at us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Good for you, now how do those of us who hate this red flashing effect turn the damn thing off?

What we need is proper buff/debuff icons displayed across the top of the task bar, not a pointless and annoying strobe light to tell us the bleedin' obvious fact that someone is shooting at us.
i agree. it's annoying when it does happen, which seems tot ally random when fighting the borg in space.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
It was posted that this supposedly means a boarding action is going on as there is no other indicator . Can anyone confirm this?