Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Launches escape pods, but the ship doesn't blow up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Anyone else have this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 11:27 PM
I've noticed that it only works in combat for me. I believe they changed it because people were using that ability to "grief" newbies at sol station by blowing up next to groups of mirandas and taking them with them

I think this is now working as intended.

Where were you when you tried it? Now on the other hand, my del taco shuttle can fly with me in sector space and pre-patch that wasn't so. Lol although, at times it gliches and gets left behind. Sooo if you ever see a type-8 shuttle chilling in sector probably mine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitox View Post
I've noticed that it only works in combat for me. I believe they changed it because people were using that ability to "grief" newbies at sol station by blowing up next to groups of mirandas and taking them with them
Now you can just pop Ramming Speed which puts you into combat and then do it anyway.

Anyway, confirmed this in Battle Group Omega just now. I declared jihad on the U.S.S. Victory to no avail.

ReynoldsCK, are you getting into combat the old fashioned way (also known as the fun way) or are you also using Ramming Speed to enter combat? Perhaps they addressed this combo.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2010, 11:42 PM
meant that if I was in combat (by whatever means) then I can self destruct. Any other time I still hear the klaxon and pop lifepods but the ship remains intact. Meaning basically, I'm in an instance and have engaged something.

The ramming speed option mearly bounces me off whatever ship I hit. With that said, I'll have to reattempt it to make sure. Not really a favoraite hobby of mine or anything just something that yes I admit. I may have tried at least once
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitox View Post
meant that if I was in combat (by whatever means) then I can self destruct. Any other time I still hear the klaxon and pop lifepods but the ship remains intact. Meaning basically, I'm in an instance and have engaged something.

The ramming speed option mearly bounces me off whatever ship I hit. With that said, I'll have to reattempt it to make sure. Not really a favoraite hobby of mine or anything just something that yes I admit. I may have tried at least once
Sorry for the confusion, my reply was actually directed at Reynolds. Got your names crossed in my head. I edited my question
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Ahhhh, so if I click ramming speed then self destruct, then I can still blow up newbs?

good times. good times
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 12:12 AM
It's not blowing people up all the time. I accidently hit abandon ship instead of ramming speed today in combat and promptly shouted a profanity on vent. Much to my surprise i did not blow up, despite the ability going on cooldown. relieved, but also confused. so yes, it is bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-05-2010, 09:06 AM
i have also the bug

when i am in combat (lets say against borg) and when i get overwhelmed i press abandon ship i have sound and i see escape pods but for some reason my ship doesn't blow up
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I would have to agree, there have been lots of times in combat I've tried to use it, and it didn't work.