Lt. Commander
I have an nvidia 8800 running on windows 7 64-bit. Since today's patch it constantly alt-tabs me to the desktop with the message "Nvidia driver stopped and has recovered". It only happens in STO. I updated the nvidia gfx drivers, which were released today, to see if that helped and it was a no go. Anyone else had this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Yes mate, I've experienced the same thing, only once so far - but it caused massive problems for me here.. I am sincerely hoping it does'nt happen again, I had to reset as my system stuck as the driver was recovering.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovive
"Nvidia driver stopped and has recovered"...
Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, and I have no solution for you - but I'm wondering what driver version your using?

The 196.75 drivers are all bad - have you tried updating to the new 197.13 drivers...?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm running some really stable NVIDIA drivers, and have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and am led to believe that I think my card or worse has been damaged or something more serious has occured.. I don't really know where to start with attempting to sort this out.

I crash when attempting to load any game now, and even my boot screen has small wavy blue lines on it... my system has been so stable and well maintained, and it seems alittle odd that after the last patch I begin experiencing these graphics issues, and suddenly now my card or as I stated something worse seems to be broken.

Any advice is appreciated..
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Ok, so after loading STO via the launcher in 'safe mode' I can play, but as soon as I reset the graphics to 'Recommended' I freeze and crash... so either something has changed, and my card does'nt like it, or something on my card is'nt working/causing it to overheat and fail.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adimal View Post
Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, and I have no solution for you - but I'm wondering what driver version your using?

The 196.75 drivers are all bad - have you tried updating to the new 197.13 drivers...?
I have not, nor have i ever had all the graphic crash issues or vid card overheat issues that some players keep talking about, i did however catch the message on nvidia's website about the bad 196.75 drivers (yes im sure im late to notice it) and updated last night durring STO outage. if i have a problem durring play today (rubs the lucky troll) ill be sure to post.

Oh just in case anyone was wondering im using BFG Geforce GT 220 1GB DDR2
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2010, 08:13 AM
This has been getting worse and worse for me, and it was most certainly the last patch that did it. I have only had problems with STO binning my graphics driver since that patch went live, with the exact same results despite updating my drivers. There are no issues with any other software.

I'm running the 196.13 drivers for my 9800 GTX....STO is still hard crashing my driver.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
I had this problem with an 8800GT and then decided to go ahead and buy a new GTS 250. Same problem still persists. I tried using older drivers after using Driver Sweeper and that did not help. I tried the beta drivers and no luck there either. I tried increasing the TDR delay to 8 seconds, no luck. I disabled TDR, but then it just hung the system. I'm fooling with memory now, hopefully that works. Specs:

BFG 250GTS 1GB (Brand new)
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Asus Striker II Mobo
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorak View Post
This has been getting worse and worse for me, and it was most certainly the last patch that did it. I have only had problems with STO binning my graphics driver since that patch went live, with the exact same results despite updating my drivers. There are no issues with any other software.

I'm running the 196.13 drivers for my 9800 GTX....STO is still hard crashing my driver.
196.21 is stable on my twin 8800 GTS cards.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Same problem here, too. I'm using an 8800GT on the 196.21 drivers which has worked fine on *everything* up until the last STO patch. STO runs for about 15-30s and then either the driver crashes or my entire system locks up.

All my other 3d apps continue to work fine ... STO is definitely the culprit for me