Lt. Commander
# 1 shanty town concern
03-25-2010, 08:45 PM
just some feed back and suggestion on this map .
it looks great and is a lot of fun

but the concern i have is the same with most ground pvp maps which is why i pretty much stick to the space ones.

you need to
1. map re spawns needs to happen in randoms spots on the map
2. add 15 sec protection upon re spawn

just to prevent spawn camps. its pretty bad and not fun having your team pinned into a corner with the entire other side standing in front blasting away with there guns and turrets ect. as you re spawn. to the point where you may get the opportunity to fire one shot maybe 2 or get in a melee attack before you re spawn again in the same spot!

and it isn't just one side in particular doing this played shanty town several times tonight both on my fed and klingon on char and had been on the receiving end of it and experienced it also in both kvk and fvf.

did give feed back on this on tribble as i didn't experience this. make me wonder about the quality of some holodeck players. where with players on tribble was much more civil about attacking spawn points like this and everyone had a great time on this map.

so i hope the dev's see this and consider doing something to prevent this type of behavior like making spawns random. another suggestion i have would be making capture the objective versions of these maps so pvpers that like to spawn camp each other will be happy and those that dislike it will also have fun on these maps.

if not then maybe i should consider playing on tribble permanently where i been thinking the better part of the community has been hanging out lately
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Also, I dunno about you, but I didn't get anything for winning. No XP, no medals, etc. Nothing.

It is rather interesting that Cryptic makes a brand new map with even worse spawn camping issues than the old maps, even though we've been complaining about spawn ins since beta.

P.S.
Devs do not read this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Also, I dunno about you, but I didn't get anything for winning. No XP, no medals, etc. Nothing.

It is rather interesting that Cryptic makes a brand new map with even worse spawn camping issues than the old maps, even though we've been complaining about spawn ins since beta.

P.S.
Devs do not read this forum.
Same. I got no XP or any rewards for doing this map three times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah I got no xp, it would also be good if the objective was clearer and easier to understand what I am doing when I play we just end up having a huge death match.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Same here. No xp nor any kind of rewards for doing shanty town. A bug perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 12:49 AM
it was a cool map, 1st run thru, u can shoot from above, or shoot below, run and run into a dead end.

but then at the end of the match....well none of us got anything, so it was a waste of 30 min. maybe it was shorter.

It wasn't a complete waste, learned what to do in that window of playing time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Cool map. Agree on spawn location - haven't seen it, but I do recall only spawning in one place.

The objective (access mainframe?) is not obvious to players, and is not well documented. Never figured it out personally, but I did get the message in one game that my team accessed a mainframe and I think I may have received xp that game.

Didn't play enough games to truly explore it, kind of a hectic map with a lot of action.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 08:09 AM
That might explain the lack of XP/medals - I think we won without ever uploading the virus or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I figured we need to access the mainframe or whatever to get credit...ok, how exactly do I do that?

PS More spawn points please..it was a bit much for both sides in this department.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
There are two access panels you can get to. One in the middle alleyway and another further into the enemy base.

The one in the base takes off seven or so of the "emplacements". The one in the middle...I have no clue, but not nearly as many. I am curious if you also reduce the enemies count by killing a virus holder. I need to pay closer attention to confirm that last one.

Overall I enjoy the map. As for no spawn point protection, they totally listened to us, we have turrets all over our frikken base. How is that not a protected spawn?

As for reward, I honestly don't know if I got any or not since I rarely pay attention.