Captain
# 1 Voth versus Dominion
07-06-2014, 12:02 PM
What would happen if the Dominion engaged the Voth in ground battles as well as in space igniting a massive war? Both factions will be able to use all of their military might to destroy the other.

PS, I would love to see the Jem'Hadar fight the Voth dinosaurs in STO.

GORNZILLA
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Dominion by sheer willpower.

And yes, it would be epic.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Dominion by sheer willpower.

And yes, it would be epic.
I think the voth would win in space.

Ground would be pretty close i think.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 4
07-06-2014, 12:18 PM
In space the Dominion would probably win by sheer numbers and lots of Kamakazi attacks.

On the ground however I would have to say it would be 50/50. The Voth could send in waves of T-Rexes with lasers while the Jem'Hadar would probably overwhelm the Voth fortress after a while just like in "The Seige of AR-558".

GORNZILLA
Career Officer
# 5
07-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnaguszek1 View Post
In space the Dominion would probably win by sheer numbers and lots of Kamakazi attacks.
The USS Odyssey agrees. (Too soon?)
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-06-2014, 04:33 PM
The Voth would probably win just by virtue of how advanced they are.

I mean we're talking about a civilization that has transwarp, phase cloaking tech, can accurately scan for individual life signs from thousands of light years away, can beam through shields, and can disable computer systems like child's play.

Honestly the Dominion are pretty outmatched here.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-06-2014, 04:44 PM
The Voth. It would not be a one-sided fight... there would be losses on both sides. Heavy losses. But after a while the Voth would win by the sheer fact they're leading most of the galaxy in the arms race.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Commander
# 8
07-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Are we talking about 2410 Dominion vs Voth, in STO?

If so, a Bulwark will just tank a squad of Jem ships, then someone will ram and of course ramming is OP.

But in terms of the show... The Dominion will win because the Founders ARE Gods [channeling Weyoun style disgust/confidence]! How widespread are the Voth anyway? The Dominion controls a quadrant. The Voth will just go out of phase and be too afraid to pop their heads out.

Preston: USS - Royale (FPEr) - Momir Vig: Zendikar (Recluse) - Londo Mollari: Mr. Morden (JDread) - Gustavo Fring: Pollos Hermanos (Adapted Destroyer) - Harvey Scorpius: RRW - Peacekeeper (Fleet Ar'kif) - Stephanie: USS - Acadia (FHEC) - Mirror Preston: ANUSTART (Hunter) - 44th Fleet
Commander
# 9
07-06-2014, 06:57 PM
In the Dominion War, the Dominon eventually needed allies-- first the Cardassians, and then the Breen. In the Solanae Dyson Sphere, on the other hand, the Voth are taking on the allied forces of the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans by themselves, and are stalemating them. Then again, the Voth are recieving regular reinforcements from outside the Sphere, whereas the Dominion forces eventually found themselves cut off from the Gamma Quadrant.

I'm going to narrowly give this to the Voth. The Dominion's ability to rapidly replace ships and troops keeps them in the fight for a long time, but the Voth's superior technology, and the sheer size of most of their capital ships, carries the day I think.
Captain
# 10
07-06-2014, 08:03 PM
It seems that we all agree that the Voth win in terms of space combat.

Now it is time to see if the Dominion can make a comeback with a battle on the ground.

Will the Jem'Hadar beat the dinos?

GORNZILLA