Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon scanner doesnt work
03-26-2010, 07:54 AM
A huge THANK YOU for the klingon pve exploration missions. I'm so happy about that, BUT for those missions where you have to hunt down and destroy something, the scanner does not give you any help at all. It just says 0 anomalies and doesnt point you towards any objectives.

I assume this is a bug, because otherwise it would be quite unfair that the fed tricorders point out mission objectives in missions like that.

I had to run around two maps aimlessly for 30 minutes last night looking for that last bit of tech to destroy. (from far away they were very hard to spot amongs the foliage. )

Please make Klingon tricorders work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 07:56 AM
same problem, but wow was it nice to something beside pvp
Also happy that the BOs actually figued out how to get through doors and around crates. Very nice
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Someone has told me that if you press the button on the radar the scan works but the V key doesnt. I was only using V, and am unable to try right now. If this is the case its probably an easy bug to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautuin
Someone has told me that if you press the button on the radar the scan works but the V key doesnt. I was only using V, and am unable to try right now. If this is the case its probably an easy bug to fix.
Hi, this issue has been reported on Tribble.
The radar button didn't work for me.
So no scan abilities.

Edit for clarity.
The scanner does scan.
But it won't pick up anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 08:23 AM
... it seems it will not detect destructible objectives and what is more, unlike Fed explore maps, we do not seem to have a search area marked on our maps (well sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't).
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
It's just another example of half-@ssed Klingon content. Who wants to spend 30 minutes running around a planet hoping to run into something you have to find.

But I'm a patient man. Now that they've got their fabled 45 day patch out I'm willing to wait and see if they fix the broken KDF. Uniforms, ship customization, content, races etc. These should be a top priority over more borg raids for more worthless epic gear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Glad someone else had this issue. Well, not glad they had a problem, just glad that it was posted so I didn't think that I was alone.

Mission was to go down to planet and scan for Borg devices. Hilly terrain, green mist and plants that resemble the devices at a certain distance didn't help. Was really looking for that scanner assist.

Also - is this a bug or not - you cannot get your BO's to fire at a door or some device that you can? some things take a while to blow up and it would be great if the crew would stop standing around and watching while I fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... fire... oops, dog wants to go outside, brb... ok and fire... fire... fire... fire... fire...

<emphasized for tediousness>