Lt. Commander
Error ticket: 2308708
Game worked fine yesterday but not today
Any help is really apreciated.
Edit:
I dont know if it has anything to do with it but I run it trough Steam.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Looks like something is grumpy in MSHTML or COM. For whatever reason, it isn't creating the embedded frame correctly. I would grab the latest IE8 installer and run it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
ok, this is the SECOND bug Ive seen related to IE, so let me ask you something... just to know...

Why didnt you make your updater stand-alone? Why did you make it use IE? Any peticular reason?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diortem
ok, this is the SECOND bug Ive seen related to IE, so let me ask you something... just to know...

Why didnt you make your updater stand-alone? Why did you make it use IE? Any peticular reason?
If you are actually interested, read http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...19#post1929019
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I will and thank you. (Seriously, that has always bugged me, but this was just the perfect chance to ask)

Ok, I read your entry, and maybe Im missing something that will show up later, but this really wasnt an answer to my question. I wasn't asking why IE over mozilla or any other browser. I was asking why not a stand-alone instead of relying on a browser (I just assumed IE because all Windows systems have it in theory).
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diortem
I will and thank you. (Seriously, that has always bugged me, but this was just the perfect chance to ask)

Ok, I read your entry, and maybe Im missing something that will show up later, but this really wasnt an answer to my question. I wasn't asking why IE over mozilla or any other browser. I was asking why not a stand-alone instead of relying on a browser (I just assumed IE because all Windows systems have it in theory).
Most mmo launchers use html, web based systems as it's easier to update than an entire launcher app. This way, they just have to update say launcher-embed.html, which then is in the launcher window instead of having you have to download an entire launcher just to update the news :p

The only other way would be for them to build an entire web app just for their launcher (which is a bit outrageous to do just for some html notes :p)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
good point, and thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 01:00 PM
It is not so much using the IE but it uses the MSHTML that is part of Windows. Only thing microsoft does not give you a means to fix problems with MSHTML except for 1. Installing the entire OS or 2. Updating IE. (which would you think is easier to use to fix)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
It might be me but I seem to have a bit of a problem getting the latest ie8 installed... Windows 7 has ie8 intigrated.
It wont allow me to install anything ie8 related.
Sorry if I ask stupid questions but Im getting kind of frustrated here.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Bump..still need some help