Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 The endemic pathing issue
03-26-2010, 08:13 AM
NPC pathing is more than just a 'bug' as it is completely 'not fit for purpose' yet... my suggestion for a quick fix that will probably be easier and faster than redoing the entire underlying pathing code... add a button called "Beam Away Team to my location"... and any away team members more than (say) 50 metres away will be transported next to you,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
NPC pathing is more than just a 'bug' as it is completely 'not fit for purpose' yet... my suggestion for a quick fix that will probably be easier and faster than redoing the entire underlying pathing code... add a button called "Beam Away Team to my location"... and any away team members more than (say) 50 metres away will be transported next to you,
You have a slow motion version of that already. Set a way point down close to you. For some reason they can path to way points much easier than pathing to you. In particularily troubling maps I'll just keep laying down way points in front of me as I go.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
You have a slow motion version of that already. Set a way point down close to you. For some reason they can path to way points much easier than pathing to you. In particularily troubling maps I'll just keep laying down way points in front of me as I go.
Yes I tend to do that too, but that does not always work however (those container strewn cargo holds and ship doorways are very prone to hopelessly snag toons).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Yes I tend to do that too, but that does not always work however (those container strewn cargo holds and ship doorways are very prone to hopelessly snag toons).
There is a post around here somewhere saying they found a reason for a major pathing problem about a week ago. It reguires them going through each map to fix, so they are working on.

My personal most annoying is how much time they spend trying to get around each other.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
There is a post around here somewhere saying they found a reason for a major pathing problem about a week ago. It reguires them going through each map to fix, so they are working on.
Oh that is very good news!!!

Quote:
My personal most annoying is how much time they spend trying to get around each other.
Indeed. Watching them sometimes jump over each other is amusing, in a wish-this-did-not-happen kind of way
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-26-2010, 10:43 AM
The most irritating issue is the doors in the 'Memory-Alpha' style facilities. They have little ridges either side which invariably catch at least one BO. Every time I beam down to one I can't help but think 'here we go again'!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 PM.