Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I believe it came from the D7/K'tinga fore torpedo tube. was it a torp like weapon or a energy type weapon? Beats me! What did it do? Im not sure...it did leave arcing electrical like disturbances along the hull of the target.

It would make a nice post pre-order bonus for the Klingons.

Maybe it'll have a chance to drop the EPS for all sub-system(not necessarily diasable). Or maybe it cancels out polarized hull. Nothing too uber, but something different and unique for the KDF.

It would pressumably travel at the same speed as a photon torpedo, but do less damage.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 06:26 PM
I was wondering about that, I know what you r talking about too, kruge shot one at enterprise, seemed a pretty effective weapon, although never really saw it used in TNG or DS9. But I would like faction specific colors to the torpedoes, i think klingon photon's r green along with romulans, i'm sure cryptic has more important things on the list to do, but it seems like an interesting thing to add to the factions to make their weapons a little more unique.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't recall seeing the Klingons ever use such a weapon, though V'Ger used a weapon that appeared very similar, though it was fired AT a Klingon ship, not FROM one. Can you think of any examples of this weapon being used? It's entirely possible that it's just been a long time since I've seen that episode/movie, I suppose...

and CommanderKor - I'll just point out that the Romulan torpedoes are green, but not because they're green photons, but because the Romulans use Plasma Torpedoes.

The only group this would be applicable to, if I recall correctly, would be the Cardassians. They seem to break the mold in that they use Photons, but theirs are somehow color-shifted to be more of a yellowish instead of the otherwise standard red.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Maybe the colour is dependent on the launcher/propulsion system and not the warhead type.

Plasma torpedoes would be unique in that they are giant ball of plasma.

It would also explain why heavy plasma torpedoes are slower than normal torpedoes. They require more energy to launch and could destabilize at higher velocities.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
I don't recall seeing the Klingons ever use such a weapon, though V'Ger used a weapon that appeared very similar, though it was fired AT a Klingon ship, not FROM one. Can you think of any examples of this weapon being used? It's entirely possible that it's just been a long time since I've seen that episode/movie, I suppose...

and CommanderKor - I'll just point out that the Romulan torpedoes are green, but not because they're green photons, but because the Romulans use Plasma Torpedoes.

The only group this would be applicable to, if I recall correctly, would be the Cardassians. They seem to break the mold in that they use Photons, but theirs are somehow color-shifted to be more of a yellowish instead of the otherwise standard red.
Bloody cardies! Leave it to them to add lemons to their torps, they do the computers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe

Here you go.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Magnetic_pulse_weapon

I checked out the MA reference to Star Trek III, but it turns the electric arcing shown there was just speculation. Watching on youtube, you can see both the Enterprise and the BoP's torpedos caused arcing on the hull...so it wasnt anything necessarily an indication of Kruge using one.

So other than the single visual of the weapon discharge in flight on Memeory Alpha, there is no other info...I'll see if I can find more.

I could have sworn Klingons did have green photon torpedoes at one time(or brief period)....Im almost certain....In fact Kruge's torpedoes in ST III have a definite green hue to them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2010, 08:15 PM
I cant find anything else on the magnetic pulse...but its supposed to canon...even if it was only rarlyused. Making it a perfect post pre-order offfering for the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Here you go.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Magnetic_pulse_weapon

I checked out the MA reference to Star Trek III, but it turns the electric arcing shown there was just speculation. Watching on youtube, you can see both the Enterprise and the BoP's torpedos caused arcing on the hull...so it wasnt anything necessarily an indication of Kruge using one.

So other than the single visual of the weapon discharge in flight on Memeory Alpha, there is no other info...I'll see if I can find more.

I could have sworn Klingons did have green photon torpedoes at one time(or brief period)....Im almost certain....In fact Kruge's torpedoes in ST III have a definite green hue to them.
Then again, the Bird-of-Prey was originally designed to be a Romulan ship when the script called for Romulans and not Klingons (the name of the ship was in keeping with the older Bird-of-Prey that was captained by Mark Leonard's Romulan Commander). So it's logical to assume that the green photons were most likely based on Romulan power signatures.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Wow...

the Devs actually read this section?

Who knew???
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Wasn't this the special Klingon weapon from Starfleet Command II: Orion Pirates?