Lt. Commander
# 1 Red Alert In Combat
03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Ok during combat in space you of course have a chance of getting hit by enemy fire.

Someone told me that he was seeing this red flash when he was getting hit, and I was like wth are you talking about. Well after further investigation I saw what he was talking about.

He has complained about this feature giving him headaches, and I must agree with him that recently I have been getting them as well, but had no clue why I would be getting one.

The problem being is the strobe effect of it, and theres no way to turn it off.

It may sound like I am completely nuts, but its there, and it would be nice if there was a way to turn it off.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I found it only happened to me when I had 4 or more enemy vessels attacking me at the same time in PVE. Once I got them down to 3 it stopped. It did freak me out the first time it happened though. I am sure there is a way to disable that feature.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I am just seeing this now too. Wow, that is REALLY irritating and make me just go find a safe place and look away from the computer.

If anybody can find out how to turn this off, PLEASE let us know!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
I`m sad to see this made it into the game, but not surprised.

As one of the tribble testers, i noticed this and made a bug report for it. I also made a topic in the forums, as i knew it would be a problem and that it would cause people headaches etc.

******** had a similar effect that was given a toggle due to the ill effects it caused.

Nobody listened, nobody replied and now people are suffering in the way i predicted. Tribble detected this problem, as it was supposed to, but no action was taken. As my sub runs out in but a few days, this is yet another sign of my wasted efforts here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 05:54 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=139623

Here is a link to the tribble topic discussing this.....and getting no reply.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Red Alert Issue
03-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I think it would be nice to be able to turn the thing on and off myself as well. If I had control of it I could move faster when needed but this is another issue that someone never relized at Cryptic AS WELL AS OTHERS ! The people their said they knew the Star Trek world during interviews that were posted? I think someone slipped them a Star Wars movie in on a lted night and they thought it would be great to dress up like a storm troopers because, oh ya they didn't wear ARMOR! But thats another issue like going to the same looking base every time you beam down to one...

I LOVE STAR TREK AND GREW UP WITH IT ALL MY LIFE , DON'T GET ME WRONG I'M GLAD THEY MADE THE GAME, IT'S JUST LACKING OPTIONS THAT YOU CAN MAKE THE GAME THE WAY IT STAR TREK SHOULD BE!!! IT'S JUST THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU THE OPTION TO WEAR ARMOR IT UNDER YOUR UNIFORM SO IT HIDES IT. ABLE TO TURN OFF FLASHING LIGHTS TO CHANGE A MOUSE CURSER, TO CONTROL RED ALERTS, 12 LEVELS OF RANK AS OTHER HAVE POSTED! ALSO THEY HAD STAR CHARTS IN STAR TREK FROM THE 60's YET WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE SECTOR MAP YOU CAN'T SEE WHATS SYSTEMS ARE IN EACH SECTOR, I WOULD THINK AFTER ALL THIS TIME IN THE TIME LIME THAT WE WOULD HAVE THAT OPTION AS WELL!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2010, 01:35 PM
I have to agree here, the inclusion of this "feature" is really unnecessary. I think it would be fine if it just did one cycle in the event you were engaged by 4+ vessels, but the continuous strobe needs to go or at least have the option to be disabled. I feel really bad for those of you who are actually suffering physically from it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
It is giving me headaches as well . Please give us option to stop the flashing red light district.

Editing my post, found out it only happen when you are boarded. The borg must board alot. Still would like option to turn it off though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2010, 11:59 PM
It amazes me that they would implement something this annoying and intrusive without a disable feature. It makes the game unplayable for me. Thus....
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2010, 01:20 AM
If you're talking about the red alert bands that will "randomly" start pulsing on the top and bottom of your screen when you're in space combat - that's a signal that enemy boarding parties have beamed on board your ship.

Borg probes for one beam boarding parties on your ship quite often.