Lt. Commander
# 11
03-30-2010, 04:51 AM
So instead of content they give us...seizures ?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-30-2010, 06:53 AM
CRYPTIC PLEASE GET RID OF THIS!

Better yet, make it an option we can turn on and off for those who might enjoy having their eyes bleed.

It does seem random, and it's annoying as heck. May be I should start posting in red until this is removed or until we're given an option to disable it? I've looked all over and there's no way to turn it off.

Thread about this...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=143684
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=143684
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
If you're talking about the red alert bands that will "randomly" start pulsing on the top and bottom of your screen when you're in space combat - that's a signal that enemy boarding parties have beamed on board your ship.

Borg probes for one beam boarding parties on your ship quite often.
Anybody tested if Tactical Team or another power get's rid of it immediately? I mean I'd always like to know whenever Borg are aboard my ship, but it's too bad that people are suffering ill effects from it.

I'd rather see some kind of status indicator as to what powers have been used against me over my shield indicators. Like the flags that pop up when you apply powers to yourself, but have them be a different color or something.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Last.Red.Shirt View Post
Anybody tested if Tactical Team or another power get's rid of it immediately? I mean I'd always like to know whenever Borg are aboard my ship, but it's too bad that people are suffering ill effects from it.

I'd rather see some kind of status indicator as to what powers have been used against me over my shield indicators. Like the flags that pop up when you apply powers to yourself, but have them be a different color or something.
I run tactical team (mostly because other ensign tactical BO skills stink for a beam boat). It does go away when I use it, but not every time. I've seen the red waves without any apparent signs of a boarding party and again with signs of a boarding party (random cooldowns on abilities).

It seems more sporadic than anything, but I'm leaning towards signaling that we're being boarded.

Again, Cryptic fails to mention everything in their release notes. Those notes seem to be worthless for every detail.