Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm loving STO, but I do get frustrated with the game when I can't figure out how to do things.

Today it is the "Ship Costume" from the C-Store.

What does it look like? No info.

I buy it, now what?
Is it in my Inventory? no,
can I customize my ship with it? no,
do I equip it at the ship vendor? no.

Frustration is setting in, I Beam back to my ship and try to use it or even FIND the %$#@ costume.

No luck.

I search the forums for "ship costume" and get no useful information, except 1 user that posted a screen shot of it, at least now I know what it looks like.

I still can't activate it or even know where it is.

Developers, am I getting through to you yet? Yes, I know YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS, couldn't you share the info? A page on the STO website called "SHIP COSTUME" with pics and info would be nice. A pop-up box in the c-store or a link would be good, call it "Info about this item" It's not (no pun intended) Rocket Science.

I've run across many similar frustrations, applying skill points, training officers, assigning skills to officers, trying to equip weapons on my ships.

We need more Help to figure out HOW to use your excellent game, and avoid frustration.

BTW, I still don't know how to equip my ship costume.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I get the frustration...

I've spent hours & hours searching thru threads in this forum and STO user created web sites trying to grab as much info as I can on the in's & out's of this. As I'm new to the world of MMO's I had no idea what they were about until I started playing STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-11-2010, 03:00 AM
the lack of anything resembling a help system is definitely a problem
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn33101 View Post
I've run across many similar frustrations, applying skill points, training officers, assigning skills to officers, trying to equip weapons on my ships.
I have these problems mainly with tooltips of skill descriptions.
They added a ton of new info in the last update, but it is still not quite enough.

What I'd want to see particularly, is the skill tooltips CHANGE as you bump skill points in the skills window up/down arrows BEFORE you apply them.
.
.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn33101 View Post
I'm loving STO, but I do get frustrated with the game when I can't figure out how to do things.

Today it is the "Ship Costume" from the C-Store.

What does it look like? No info.

I buy it, now what?
Is it in my Inventory? no,
can I customize my ship with it? no,
do I equip it at the ship vendor? no.

Frustration is setting in, I Beam back to my ship and try to use it or even FIND the %$#@ costume.

No luck.

I search the forums for "ship costume" and get no useful information, except 1 user that posted a screen shot of it, at least now I know what it looks like.

I still can't activate it or even know where it is.

Developers, am I getting through to you yet? Yes, I know YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS, couldn't you share the info? A page on the STO website called "SHIP COSTUME" with pics and info would be nice. A pop-up box in the c-store or a link would be good, call it "Info about this item" It's not (no pun intended) Rocket Science.

I've run across many similar frustrations, applying skill points, training officers, assigning skills to officers, trying to equip weapons on my ships.

We need more Help to figure out HOW to use your excellent game, and avoid frustration.

BTW, I still don't know how to equip my ship costume.
Um, did you notice how it said the type of ship these variants are for? Both of the CStore ship variants are for the Admiral level starships. One is for the Assault Cruiser. The other is for the Advanced Escort. You need to be an Admiral to be able to use them. So, if you're trying to use them on a Captain or a Commander you're not going to find them.

All you had to do is look at the CStore description and then go to the Ship Listings on the main site. It's pretty obvious.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn33101 View Post
I'm loving STO, but I do get frustrated with the game when I can't figure out how to do things.

Today it is the "Ship Costume" from the C-Store.

What does it look like? No info.

I buy it, now what?
Is it in my Inventory? no,
can I customize my ship with it? no,
do I equip it at the ship vendor? no.

Frustration is setting in, I Beam back to my ship and try to use it or even FIND the %$#@ costume.

No luck.

I search the forums for "ship costume" and get no useful information, except 1 user that posted a screen shot of it, at least now I know what it looks like.

I still can't activate it or even know where it is.

Developers, am I getting through to you yet? Yes, I know YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS, couldn't you share the info? A page on the STO website called "SHIP COSTUME" with pics and info would be nice. A pop-up box in the c-store or a link would be good, call it "Info about this item" It's not (no pun intended) Rocket Science.

I've run across many similar frustrations, applying skill points, training officers, assigning skills to officers, trying to equip weapons on my ships.

We need more Help to figure out HOW to use your excellent game, and avoid frustration.

BTW, I still don't know how to equip my ship costume.
I've suggested improvements related to this before, but it was pushed off the front page...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-13-2010, 06:33 AM
www.stowiki.org has some info.

--Cap
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-20-2010, 07:00 AM
oops! Reply to wrong post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Um, did you notice how it said the type of ship these variants are for? Both of the CStore ship variants are for the Admiral level starships. One is for the Assault Cruiser. The other is for the Advanced Escort. You need to be an Admiral to be able to use them. So, if you're trying to use them on a Captain or a Commander you're not going to find them.

All you had to do is look at the CStore description and then go to the Ship Listings on the main site. It's pretty obvious.



Hi !

On 03/26 the date of my post none of that information was available. Further the patch notes said the ship was a Rank 4 Cruiser, which should have made it a Captain Rank ship. It took about a week for the C-Store to update it's info and add a screenshot. Much better now. But at the time, I wasted several frustrating hours looking for information that should have been available the moment the ship went on sale at the c-store.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 PM.