Lt. Commander
# 1 Evil robot voice?
03-26-2010, 01:40 PM
So, before Klingon players would hear a Starfleet computer voice whenever they neede to be notified about anything about their ship. For examle: Ship is under attack, shields are down, hull integrity below 50%, etc.

This was (understandebly I hope) very imersion braking if not frankly annoying. So when Cryptic said they would fix it Klingon players, such as myself, rejoiced, thinking we would get a propper "Klingon" voice telling us what we need to know.

Well ... no!

Insted we got an evil robot voice telling us ... something? Definetly not Klingon, maybe it is Borg? (definetly not sweedish)

I honestly do not like the new voice. I would like to know where to switch over to the old one, or better yet, just turn the whole damn thing off! (Would it have been to much work to get a proper (female) klingon voice?)

P.S. Thanks for the exploration missions, finaly something to do, yay!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 01:44 PM
yea sounds like frakin borg to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRising66 View Post
yea sounds like frakin borg to me.
I agree, I thought Borg when I first heard this voice and thought it was a result of me using the liberated borg character.
Kind of a "hey here's something extra" deal.

Instead I find out it's a Klingon voice thing?
...yeah, no thanks.

I have it turned off right now. ( It's the notification option on the far right tab in options, it'll have three options to choose from via a drop-down box)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 01:45 PM
I too do not like the the new computer voice to me it sounds like a Goa'uld from Stargate. To bad they can't get Michael Dorn or Hetzler in to do some sort of Klingon computer voice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
this new voice fits very well to the guttural growling speech of a huge klingon male with an adams apple the size of two fists.... i like it, though it irritated me the first time i heard it
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
/signed for Klingon voice! I kinda like the voice over, but should match the empire... i guess Rom voice over will be done by richard simmons.

And Shields 2 . 3. Skip Girls 2 3.

Little more on the serious side, I would of liked to hear some Klingon Language mixed in with english. Just for the experiance.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Because im a Liberated Borg Klingon, it fits for me

but that opinion is only because im a Liberated Borg Klingon, otherwise i doubt i would like it. would like a choice between Hal9001 and klingon, but the evill computer vocie is better then the Fed voice
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Sorry I have to agree with many online, it sounds like a Borg. Actually sounds like a Borg with something stuck in his throat.

Not all of us are "liberated" Borgs So I would agree with the comment to get a Worf type voice actor to say a few lines for the game. Or the gal that played a Klingon in STNG, sorry don't remember the actresses name.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 02:48 PM
EXACTLY! I'm glad they changed it but it definitely sounds to me like multiple voices speaking as one (i.e. borg)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I second this. I think my ship is semi-assimilated.