Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2010, 06:19 PM
I can relate, I can't understand it sometimes. I could understand it was Klingon, but it was a little deep and hard to understand.. I like it over the annoying Starfleet one though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
oh boy, I have yet to use sound, it is not necessary, i always understood that there was no sound in space so why use it? on the other hand, keeping the sound turned off lets me be in space without waking my 2 year old daughter.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
The Klingon computer reminds me too much of CABAL. It doesn't really feel Klingon at all.

I'm not sure we ever heard a Klingon computer say anything in any Star Trek episode. I'd actually rather prefer to hear the voice sound like a living Klingon bridge officer is the one giving status reports because of that. And even if I'm wrong I still think that would be a better idea.

They should also throw in some broken Klingon with the various warnings.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubnar View Post
So, before Klingon players would hear a Starfleet computer voice whenever they neede to be notified about anything about their ship. For examle: Ship is under attack, shields are down, hull integrity below 50%, etc.

This was (understandebly I hope) very imersion braking if not frankly annoying. So when Cryptic said they would fix it Klingon players, such as myself, rejoiced, thinking we would get a propper "Klingon" voice telling us what we need to know.

Well ... no!

Insted we got an evil robot voice telling us ... something? Definetly not Klingon, maybe it is Borg? (definetly not sweedish)

I honestly do not like the new voice. I would like to know where to switch over to the old one, or better yet, just turn the whole damn thing off! (Would it have been to much work to get a proper (female) klingon voice?)

P.S. Thanks for the exploration missions, finaly something to do, yay!
Sounds like someone stuck in slow motion to me.

What cryptic should have done was made the voice a Moody Klingon female that would swear at you in klingon when your shields failed.
Lt. Commander
You know, I don't recall the computers on Klingon ships saying much of anything in any of the episodes or films. It seems as though Klingon shipboard computers are meant to be seen, not heard. Alternately, if they're deceptively intelligent as Starfleet machines sometimes seem to be, maybe they've figured out that it's in their best interests to be quiet. (Imagines frustrated Klingons shooting consoles in response to being told that which they'd rather not hear by their computers.)

Giving them the option of setting their computers text notification only modes, or simply turning it off altogether, might be more realistic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2010, 07:29 PM
hahaha. yeah. I have a liberated borg Klingon and I kept on thinking to myself "Why would I be talking to myself saying that there ar issues going on".

Now i realize it is the "klingon voice". And that is hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Getting Michael Dorn to do some Klingon voiceovers would truly be awesome. I mean, he just did some voiceovers for Bioware, so it'd certainly be possible. Why not reconnect with the franchise that made him the man he is?

Although I would also approve of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
What cryptic should have done was made the voice a Moody Klingon female that would swear at you in klingon when your shields failed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
The Klingon computer reminds me too much of CABAL. It doesn't really feel Klingon at all.

I'm not sure we ever heard a Klingon computer say anything in any Star Trek episode. I'd actually rather prefer to hear the voice sound like a living Klingon bridge officer is the one giving status reports because of that. And even if I'm wrong I still think that would be a better idea.

They should also throw in some broken Klingon with the various warnings.

I think you are spot on!

Something like:
"Qua'pla, we have engaged in battle!"
"Those taHqeqs have brought our shields down!"
"*Growl* ... Our hull is below 50%!"

P.S. ArlanKels, thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-26-2010, 09:53 PM
To quote Scotty recently.

"I like it, this ship is exciting!"

Granted the computer would not actually speak klingon ( although that would be kewl )

" So'wI vIchu'ta!!"
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Its klingon, its just using a drive in CB to talk to the crew.