Lt. Commander
So in ground PVP a big problem was BIG groups of players who stuck together... One of the only way to fight them was taking cover behind something... Shoot, (Z switch) shooting again, then small shots to kill 1 player, getiting cover and doing the whole process again on another player...

Now with the cooldown between switches it's impossible because you have to stay uncovered too long to kill someone... Can we please remove that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Let me see if I got this right. You no longer can ambush an organized group that sticks together by yourself by hot swapping the guns ? How about you get a group of your own, and now you can have a balanced fight ?

Hot-swapping was a problem pre-patch, with people abusing the split beam rifles to kill groups of people in seconds. I lke the new change, makes ground combat last a little longer and lets people respond/use their skills instead of being moved down near instantly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
yeah I used sniper guns though, and no I couldn't ambush a whole party with my guns... But I feel if it's just a number's game and these games are often disproportionate on one side or the other then it's dead boring... Let's just see who has the biggest number of people on their side

and I don't call a group of 5 that sticks together against an inferior number of players that spawn separately across a map anything else than a shameless manhunt, no skill required, sorry if you were proud of your pvp skills for that
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2010, 12:09 AM
This isn't 1v1 game Taptiero, so your tactics should reflect that. From your writing I assume you are a tactical officer who relied on his DPS to get by before the patch. After the patch fights have gotten considerably longer and survivability has improved. I would suggest you make friends with a few science captains who will keep you alive while you DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2010, 03:24 AM
i use to run, w/ 2 snipes, then i changed to 2 split beams, then 1 stun gun, and a split beam...now after patch...I run with a full auto plasma gun, and a sniper rifle. The secondary skill on the full auto seems to knock out the players shield enabling other to do raw damage to the target. although, it doesn't expose as much as i would like it to, the dot proc is nice.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Nah!
03-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatiero
So in ground PVP a big problem was BIG groups of players who stuck together... One of the only way to fight them was taking cover behind something... Shoot, (Z switch) shooting again, then small shots to kill 1 player, getiting cover and doing the whole process again on another player...

Now with the cooldown between switches it's impossible because you have to stay uncovered too long to kill someone... Can we please remove that?
I disagree.The cooldown makes it less spammage and more thinking.I welcome it since i can slide another attack in while the cooldown ticks off.It was way too easy for me to exploit,attack,switch then exploit,attack again.The result was WTFPwned! by my opponent before he/she had a chance to react.LOL!Its no different for my opponents now from my point of view, but at least they have a few more seconds.Hehe!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Actually I admit you're right... I have 2 tacticians, the more advanced one a commander has a kit that enables him to continue acting during the cooldown. He still kicks ass. It's the lower level one I have a problem with. At lieutenant he has nothing to do during the cooldown. His firepower is too low, people have time to recharge and run. I tried switching gun types, but haven't found anything that isn't extremely frustrating yet. I'll try the full auto

But I still think the devs should work on anything that can help us dismantle heavy groups. Teleport traps or something would be great
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Focus Fire got boosted - twice as much damage resistance reduction as before, each tick last 2.5 seconds and stacks up to 5x so possible 250%-DamageResistance.

People have been screaming about it in PvP - Full Auto weapons being able to 1 shot (or more accurately 1 burst with the special attack) people.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-27-2010, 10:03 PM
The solution:

Make your own group, stick together, communicate, focus fire, support each other, and play as a team instead of as the Lone Ranger.