Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I have always played klingon in Star Trek games ever since the first SFC by Interplay. I was more than a little dissappointed to find that the Klingon faction in this game consisted of a handful of broken fleet action quests, mindless NPC killing in the Khaless expance / Nebulas,....and PVP on the same couple of maps over and over again. I was totally ready to give up the game a few days ago, but decided to hold off untill the patch.

With this last patch it has been like a breath of fresh air, new ship customizations new regions of space for us to explore and conquer, and I can finally actually use my bridge crew on the ground!!! The new fleet actions also look really cool I have not done much with them yet . Cryptic has finally given us some versatility on what we are able to do in the game.

Some stuff still needs to be addressed, buildings on the ground sometimes enemie groups get stuck under and other buildings are floating in midair which is annoying when you have killed 4 out of 5 groups and the 5th group had a klingon house dropped on them. Also, I would really like to see Cryptic set up a story mode for the klingons to take part in from Lt. rank up, you dont understand any of the story unless you play the fed side.

I would also like to see a zone,....where you can warp up to a enemy player ship and fight them, and other players from both sides of any rank can join in. I had hopes that the Neutral Zone would be this place but I was sadly mistaken that its not like in the TV series. Instead I just give the feds evil looks on the viewscreen and hope they join a PVP map.

A sence that our actions have meaning, would also be a great addition possibly if they were to create this zone of uncharted space for both sides. Where we could conquer worlds and hold them for our faction, worlds we can actually go back to and fight over in both space and on the ground. Maybe even worlds that individual fleets could manage.

Either way, I know Cryptic is looking at making new races, new factions in the future, I simply hope that they take our advice and fix the problems with the Klingons before branching out to Romulan or Cardassian factions otherwise the problems will simply be multiplied. All in all I am happy with what Cryptic has done with this last patch, I only wish it had been there from the start and we would not have lost so many players going back to wow and other games.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Well, the Klingon PvE is coming. Slowly, but it is coming. I think a decision was made in the early part of closed beta (Before I even got a look at the game) to put the Klingon side as mainly PvP.

Closer to the open beta the new influx of testers started making comments that the Klingon side needed to be much more in depth then it was at the time. So that's when things started changing towards giving Klingons a PvE side as well as PvP. It's gonna take time though for the Klingon side to catch up.

I can understand the hesitation of the devs to focus on giving us a Klingon side considering their history with CoV. Everybody wanted CoV then when it finally came out, people played it for a very short time then went back to their heroes.....I imagine Cryptic has some concerns of them spending resources and that happening again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonic_Flux
Well, the Klingon PvE is coming. Slowly, but it is coming. I think a decision was made in the early part of closed beta (Before I even got a look at the game) to put the Klingon side as mainly PvP.
This wouldve been fine, If the PvP meant something. Most of the Klingons comming into STO new it was the "PvP" faction, and that was why they chose to be Klingon. Id rather them put resources into making PvP better than rehashing Fed content TBH. I might be the minioriy on this though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Question about the new customization to the BoP. Can you change the wings to be raised now, like they are in TNG BoPs?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
This wouldve been fine, If the PvP meant something. Most of the Klingons comming into STO new it was the "PvP" faction, and that was why they chose to be Klingon. Id rather them put resources into making PvP better than rehashing Fed content TBH. I might be the minioriy on this though.
Why not have both? The fleshed out PvE will bring in more people, and better PvP can keep those that lean towards it happy.

I want better PvP, but there are times when PvP gets old (or no one is around) and I need to do something else. Vice versa also.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
STO has plenty of room to grow, and I'm sure it will.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynaverse View Post
STO has plenty of room to grow, and I'm sure it will.
No doubt. The real question is, how long will it take?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I also really enjoy the new ship customizations, the bird of prey looks flippin amazing so does the new negvar model I cant wait to get to General. And some of the other little things like changing the klingon computer voice so it doesnt sound like we are piloting a fed ship, and changing the colors for our transporters really adds to the klingon feel.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
Why not have both? The fleshed out PvE will bring in more people, and better PvP can keep those that lean towards it happy.

I want better PvP, but there are times when PvP gets old (or no one is around) and I need to do something else. Vice versa also.
I agree we can have both but Id like to see them put more resources into creating a meaningfull PvP system. If its a large scale system with long term goals PvP will develop its own long term content with the least resources needed (more bang for the cryptic dollar).
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
No doubt. The real question is, how long will it take?
Patience...