Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsignKoala
I agree.

But with the option to slingshoting back in time around a sun and repeat the who thing again and again and again. Perhaps with certain variations, such as having the option of launching him out of a torpedo tube into a G type star.

Until you feel the balance restored in the universe.


---------
EDIT: upon closer examination, the Morgan-Keenan Stellar Classification of the star into which we should be able to launch Franklin Drake from a photon torpedo tube should be O9I. G-type stars as just not hot, nor big enough.
.
.
Why Not a black hole, not only will he be spaghettified and then converted into quantumn soup, but due to time dilation he'll be eternally poised on the cusp of said dreadful fate so you can always enjoy is expression of shock and horror.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
Why Not a black hole, not only will he be spaghettified and then converted into quantumn soup, but due to time dilation he'll be eternally poised on the cusp of said dreadful fate so you can always enjoy is expression of shock and horror.
DElicious.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
To be honest, the mission is unrealistic anyway, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

No option just to force -both of them- up against the wall and take them prisoner?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Spoiler: If you don't know Drake, and haven't had to make a decision regarding him yet in a particular mission, don't read this. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't read this. It's a great mission.

In the mission where you pick to kill him or the Starfleet Captain. . . I picked Drake without a seconds hesitation.

My fingers were twitching as I waited to gun him down.

Too bad it was a freaking hologram. I said some VERY naughty words when the ship faded to a holodeck.

I've had more than enough of Starfleet officers making me a war criminal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenissima View Post
To be honest, the mission is unrealistic anyway, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

No option just to force -both of them- up against the wall and take them prisoner?
Nor the very Trek option to call out the simulation if you pick up on the inconsistent details.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-13-2010, 04:53 AM
I liked this mission honestly, it was great fun. Although I also would like to see Drakes face exposed to warp plasma.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-13-2010, 05:02 AM
The reason Drake has not been relevant in any other mission since the mission in question is because he is currently listed as MIA. Apparently he went AWOL and we recieved a finger in the mail by whom we can only guess are disgruntled starfleet officers. The attached note said they were not looking for ransom, but to expect other pieces of remains in the mail soon. We have yet to determine whether or not it is actually the finger of Mr. Drake due to our lack of interest in pursuing this matter as we here at Section 31 also feel he was a stain in the undershorts of humanity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-13-2010, 06:19 AM
I can only guess that the people who want to hurt poor Drake are the ones who actually thought that he was the one, having some crazy overly complicated plan with little chance of success or worthwhile outcome. If anyone did that and then wound up feeling a bit stupid afterward, yeah, I can see why they might wish to take it out on Drake.

That or they are officers unworthy of the Starfleet uniform out gunning for someone just because they dislike him.

Quote:
To be honest, the mission is unrealistic anyway, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

No option just to force -both of them- up against the wall and take them prisoner?
I wouldn't mind two extra options:
1. Take them both on because you can't decide.
2. Take them both down "just to be sure."

For both, you would start out on a stun setting, of course. The goal in the first is to capture both so appropriate tests can be run, while in the second, well, to capture one and harass Drake by chucking him in the Brig for a while.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
I can only guess that the people who want to hurt poor Drake are the ones who actually thought that he was the one, having some crazy overly complicated plan with little chance of success or worthwhile outcome. If anyone did that and then wound up feeling a bit stupid afterward, yeah, I can see why they might wish to take it out on Drake.


I admit, I did think Drake was the one because, well, he sounded to desperate. The captain was calm as I was talking to him, Drake on the other hand was all "KILL HIM NOW!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!"

Oh, and he just stood there while I did the fighting, just like the 8472 impostor did during that one romulan mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaziarl View Post
I admit, I did think Drake was the one because, well, he sounded to desperate. The captain was calm as I was talking to him, Drake on the other hand was all "KILL HIM NOW!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!"

Oh, and he just stood there while I did the fighting, just like the 8472 impostor did during that one romulan mission.
Spoilers, although there are already plenty here:

Exactly. Also, in the earlier mission with him, he infiltrated Romulan space. I figured, what better person for an 8472 to impersonate than a guy who's in with a secret Starfleet group AND the Romulans? No one, that's who.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 AM.