Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Progress "Stuck"
03-26-2010, 09:34 PM
No matter what I do, I can't advance past Commander 1.
I do missions, spend my points, adv. officers... yet my bar won't move AT ALL.
I need 0 points to acheive the next rank, and yet... nothing no matter what I do. I'm effectively dead in the water as far as progression is consirned.
I still get the points for missings, and can spend them... but I never achieve rank 2.

No response from the GMs (yes, i know they are going to be busy for awhile)....
Thanks for any ideas you can send my way.

I've already tried more missions... enemy contact batters, PVP, and making a new character and progression it from awhile.

Thanks! - Savoy
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2010, 03:06 AM
I had this problem until yesterday. I dont know if this will work for you but what I did was:

start a new toon and play untill your past the intro. As my new character was leveling up fine I then went back to old one. I played deep space romulan encounter a few times and the white bar started to move up each time and then I finally!!! leveled up

hopes this helps
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2010, 04:30 AM
I had this problem as well and I wasnt willing to keep wasting time if the points werent going to accumulate.

After a while I logged back on again and the XP bar is actually moving when I finish missions etc and I'm still levelling even though the points still shows as zero.

I logged a bug and a GM refiled it as a general support ticket. I know a lot of others are having the same problem. Hopefully its fixed in the patch thats going on now?

Keep playing, you'll probably find that it is counting towards your progress.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by begoli View Post
I had this problem as well and I wasnt willing to keep wasting time if the points werent going to accumulate.

After a while I logged back on again and the XP bar is actually moving when I finish missions etc and I'm still levelling even though the points still shows as zero.

I logged a bug and a GM refiled it as a general support ticket. I know a lot of others are having the same problem. Hopefully its fixed in the patch thats going on now?

Keep playing, you'll probably find that it is counting towards your progress.
I tried the pervious poster's suggestion (new toon)... this didn't seem to help at first but then - boon I jumped all the way to the end of Cmd. 2. I seem to be 'stuck there now... but I'm going to keep playing.

I believe that the last poster is right... I'm making progress and 'someday' this will catch up to me (in a good way).

I'll let you guys know if I know if I find out anything new.

My support ticket was filed as a 'bug report' according to the GM that responded within a day (which I think is an acceptable wait time). The response was 'canned' but then in the grand picture - I'm will to wait.

I'm having a GREAT time... and in time, I think all will be well. Keep up the hard work C - we appreciate it!

- Sav
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
I tried the pervious poster's suggestion (new toon)... this didn't seem to help at first but then - boon I jumped all the way to the end of Cmd. 2. I seem to be 'stuck there now... but I'm going to keep playing.

I believe that the last poster is right... I'm making progress and 'someday' this will catch up to me (in a good way).

I'll let you guys know if I know if I find out anything new.

My support ticket was filed as a 'bug report' according to the GM that responded within a day (which I think is an acceptable wait time). The response was 'canned' but then in the grand picture - I'm will to wait.

I'm having a GREAT time... and in time, I think all will be well. Keep up the hard work C - we appreciate it!

- Sav
ty for the post sguys I hit Captain 2 dayus back and today I see its stuck at Cpatain 1 and not moving on to Captain 2 . It keeps saying 0 skills to gain to level up.

But it could be like the overall bug where the total skill poinst spent was not updated and abruptly after spending points i would lvl up from lt commander to commander to captain
Lt. Commander
# 6 0 Points to next grade Bug
03-27-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm having the same problem in that I'm stuck at Lt. Commander Grade 2. I've done a slew of missions and keep promoting my crew and increasing my skills; but no matter what I do I can't progress to Lt. Commander Grade 3. All it says is "0 points to next grade". Come on Cryptic, there are a number of us having this problem how about a fix to it? I'd even settle for a note indicating you are aware of the problem and working on it!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesTWolf
I'm having the same problem in that I'm stuck at Lt. Commander Grade 2. I've done a slew of missions and keep promoting my crew and increasing my skills; but no matter what I do I can't progress to Lt. Commander Grade 3. All it says is "0 points to next grade". Come on Cryptic, there are a number of us having this problem how about a fix to it? I'd even settle for a note indicating you are aware of the problem and working on it!
Sounds like we are all experiencing the same glich... that i think is related to the general bug of leveling related to the new PVP system bug. I bet we find that when they fix that one, we'll all be where we should be (points and all).
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-27-2010, 07:59 PM
I reported this as a bug a few days ago. The 'you need 0 skill point to advance to next grade' is broken since the Season One patch. Now the only way to tell how close you are to ranking is by looking at the white bar. As far a I can tell you can still advance whe you spend enough skill point on your character. The tool tip is just not showing the correct amount of skill points and always says 0 now.