Lt. Commander
I was in a group the other night, and we managed to beat her, but we pretty much had to cheat to do it...we huddled up in the doorway to where she couldn't quite hit us and just chipped away at her health.

We also had a terrible time getting the 4 shields down and we died MANY times...took us a couple hours in that room alone.

So what should we do next time. Post useful powers, strategies, and general good ideas.

Go!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Wait for next big Patch, - there will be no more instant respawn of the Drones.
Use Weapons with Knockback, try to drop the Drones into Plasma - its deadly for them too.
Set a Turret at the Corner prior to entering the codes, - it will get Attention of the Respawn, - less Interruption for your 'Jumper'-Group.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Well you can fight Rebecca either from corner or from the entrance of the last room. The entrance has huge advantage that you dont have to worry about tactical borg - they dont shoot you there. Advantage of corner is that Rebecca comes close to you and you can melee her, while she has weaker attack on close range, but you will be shot by tactical borg all time and have to fight them as well.

If I compare corner and entrance strategy, I still think entrance strategy is better, making cover shield wall there and shoot Rebecca from that spot. You can also res your fallen mates there quite easily without interruption, and heal them. The only real problem is Rebeccas AoE attack that is triggered by a big light blue circle around player - if she aggros the player with circle and shoots him, it does AoE damage to all around and the damage is quite big.

Crucial is to keep yourself and your mates alive, much more important than shooting her, so if someone falls unconsious, res him as fast as possible. And one more thing - she needs to take damage all the time or she regens to full health after a little while... so dont let her wait for too long in the air without attack.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Someone linked to a dev blog and they said they're adding death dealing plasma to the doorway and corners, forcing you to fight her in the middle...this is going to be impossible...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Hangover Boy....not so. Posted this earlier today.
To all you guys out there who have posted tactics etc about how to finish Infected.......I was on a team today...we got the Queen.. three of us were wiped....one man left....his name is Zartan.....he killed her all by himself. Now that was a thing to behold. I'm not talkin about havin to kill her when she's down to half life or anything...no. This guy took her on one on one.....Amazin
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2010, 03:38 AM
Shes easy.

I did it once with a meelee group. We even got an AOE in. Yeah me, first time is first time ^^ i missed the blue glow was focusing on her and my surroundings, not me.

But basically you have to clear center once, since there they dont instarespawn, and then everybody has to go clear corners. And after patch thatll be easier.

Then we meeleed her in a corner, i dunno how plasma will look exactly there after patch, but the entrance should work out, unless the replace the shield. But if borg stop instarespawning, it woulkd be less of a matter to kill em.

And never forget the lowly palm strike/rifle butt. Plasma loves borg to death too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
My question is, does Gozer get some sort of prize for how many players quit because the only end game content is too hard for the average player?

The elite group of players, are neither loyal players nor do they make up the large percentage of the player base, in a sense they are like locusts, the go from game to game eating up all the resources while the main player base gets frustrated with the nerfs and the insanely hard content.

Gozer,

Why are you catering to the elites? Most of the players in this game are ADULTS, even older guys like me, unlike wow, why do you put that "Super Mario Brothers" jumping crap in your game?

This is not good for business, I will be glad when your superiors realize this.

Star Trek is not as big of a franchise as the Tolkien Fantasy franchise, you cannot afford to alienate half your player base.

That being said, I really love this game, I have Three RA5's but there is nothing left for me to do, Infected and Cure are too hard, and daily B'tran for badges is getting very boring.

Please stop catering to the "locusts" either make Infected and Cure easier, or add some content for the average RA5.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2010, 11:03 AM
You're joking right?

-They just opened up FvF PVP so you can go kill other Feds (read: shorter queues to the same rewards).
-They added a new PVP map, Shanty Town and two new Fleet Actions (The Big Dig and DS9 Under Siege)
-They just level banded all of the Fleet Actions, so now you can go do those as level appropriate.

Cryptic has said it before and confirmed it again and again. Casual players have the rest of the game tailored to them, STF missions (6 or 7 in total are coming "soon") are NOT meant for casual players. In terms of hardness Infected is a 1/10, Cure is a 2/10; they're going to get a LOT harder. If Infected is "too hard" for you, don't play it because they've emphatically stated the difficultly level is actually set to easy mode right now. If you can't do easy, then personally I don't feel you understand what "end game" content means.

p.s. "Super Mario Brothers" ... unlike WoW? You uhh never raided in WoW right? Almost every "serious" boss encounter I can think of in WoW involved some form of "run here, do this, now run over there" type of scripted encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer9 View Post

My question is, does Gozer get some sort of prize for how many players quit because the only end game content is too hard for the average player?.
If you think infected is hard you are not a average player.

Quote:

The elite group of players, are neither loyal players nor do they make up the large percentage of the player base, in a sense they are like locusts, the go from game to game eating up all the resources while the main player base gets frustrated with the nerfs and the insanely hard content.
Most of the player base at AD5 has done infected, if you have not contact me ingame and i will take you through it and show you how.

Quote:

Why are you catering to the elites? Most of the players in this game are ADULTS, even older guys like me, unlike wow, why do you put that "Super Mario Brothers" jumping crap in your game?.
I suggest that on the next ground mission you find some boxes and practice jumping using the comment "super mario bros" in a disparaging way is a poor tool as doing so says you are incapable of playing at the level of a 80's platform game.

Quote:
Star Trek is not as big of a franchise as the Tolkien Fantasy franchise, you cannot afford to alienate half your player base.
Trek has one of the largest fan bases on the planet dude.

Contact me ingame and will will setup a run through infected, it will take between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 normally, but if you are a little inexperianced maybe give yourself 2 hours so we can go over tactics and jumping tecniques.

I am not being disrespectful in saying this i will honestly take you through the whole of it and help you learn the skills neded.

Lt. Commander
# 10
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
I can help as well I am on U.S. time im not a brit like Kor so if yer on north or south america and can speak english and have Ventrilo let me know as well i can run you through