Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
The mission, cryptic?
AWESOME
Most 2.5 hours of fun I have had in a long time. I think I died more often in that same 2.5 hours than going from ensign to RA5 on my first character. It was fun, very challenging, etc...

However, for first time completion, please add something else than skillpoints as reward? A shield, or something. I mean, for 2.5 hours, I walked away with nothing else than a green tetryon assault ground weapon.
I could understand the next times over not to give anything but the skillpoints, but on first completion, I feel it to be a rather... empty... victory.

"I saved an entire starbase and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." feeling, you know?

And now, I'm onto "The Cure" and still no actual mission reward past the "completion" part...
I'm sure it'll be great fun. However, I'm pretty sure it'll be frustrating, too, since I'm not really getting anything from it. :\

Do keep up the good work though. I like where you're going with this game so far.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreath View Post
The mission, cryptic?
AWESOME
Most 2.5 hours of fun I have had in a long time. I think I died more often in that same 2.5 hours than going from ensign to RA5 on my first character. It was fun, very challenging, etc...

However, for first time completion, please add something else than skillpoints as reward? A shield, or something. I mean, for 2.5 hours, I walked away with nothing else than a green tetryon assault ground weapon.
I could understand the next times over not to give anything but the skillpoints, but on first completion, I feel it to be a rather... empty... victory.

"I saved an entire starbase and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." feeling, you know?

And now, I'm onto "The Cure" and still no actual mission reward past the "completion" part...
I'm sure it'll be great fun. However, I'm pretty sure it'll be frustrating, too, since I'm not really getting anything from it. :\

Do keep up the good work though. I like where you're going with this game so far.
The end boss in "infected" drops a purple ground item with a borg proc, but only one so you have just a 1 in 5 change of rolling it.

The ground boss in the cure drops only a blue ground item, but the end space boss drops a purple space item with a borg proc.


PS::p
.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
The end boss in "infected" drops a purple ground item with a borg proc, but only one so you have just a 1 in 5 change of rolling it.

The ground boss in the cure drops only a blue ground item, but the end space boss drops a purple space item with a borg proc.


PS::p
.
I honestly gathered as much, hence why I think there should be a reward no-matter-what the first time as a mission reward and you can keep farming it with later missions.
I literally had ONE drop in the whole instance. And it was a green. No stims, no batteries, nothing. Just that one green drop. I was a tad miffed that for all my hard work, I got something that I have been getting on a more "regular" basis in exploration missions while farming my Marks of Exploration.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Did you notice the 5 marks of valor you get for finishing infected / the cure?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreath View Post
I honestly gathered as much, hence why I think there should be a reward no-matter-what the first time as a mission reward and you can keep farming it with later missions.
I literally had ONE drop in the whole instance. And it was a green. No stims, no batteries, nothing. Just that one green drop. I was a tad miffed that for all my hard work, I got something that I have been getting on a more "regular" basis in exploration missions while farming my Marks of Exploration.

Did your gang leader set the loot drops to "need or greed uncommon"?, i always do when i put a gang together and it balances out normally.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-27-2010, 11:49 AM
When I did it last night I got a Blue drop from the Tactical Cube and a Purple one from the boss. It was a piece of armour identical to the first one in the list of the valour store. Sounds like you had a group leader who was hogging all of the drops though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeste
When I did it last night I got a Blue drop from the Tactical Cube and a Purple one from the boss. It was a piece of armour identical to the first one in the list of the valour store. Sounds like you had a group leader who was hogging all of the drops though.
The gate drops a purple item if you do not shoot the three things around it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
The gate drops a purple item if you do not shoot the three things around it.
Considering how long it'd take to get down if you didn't shoot them it isn't terribly surprising. Is it one of the Valour level items?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeste
Considering how long it'd take to get down if you didn't shoot them it isn't terribly surprising. Is it one of the Valour level items?
YUP.


It does not take very long.

1. kill the patrol.

2. Go to the back of the gate and shoot it til the sjield goes up.

3. wait for probes to get into range then scramble and kill them.

4. just before the last probe dies prepare to kill the gate.

5. Aim you main guns at the gate just before the last probe dies, hit buffs and hammer the heck out of it as the shield drops.

6. Repeat until the spheres and tactical cube spawns (nomally with good dps they spawn on the first go).

7. Kill all the spheres and probes but ignore the standard cubes.

8 Move around to the front of the gate and Kill the tactical cube first, then kill the standard cubes.

9. Finish off the gate and collect nubly loot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the tip on the new space part of infected.

Oh and BTW Cryptic i love it, it isnt too zergy, its actually fun.


Oh and to the OP, its called marks of whatever for everyone, and items have always been roll offs, WHen you have a ninja raidlead, well thats why they are called ninja, hate the raidlead in this one case.

Still have to beat infected postpatch, stupid pugs who cant jump all of the sudden, Patch didnt nerf jumping ******mit.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:41 PM.