Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
You're supposed to find medical crates that are guarded by some thugs.

After I walk (it's worse if I run) a few meters one or two of my away team falls through the ground, never to be seen again (until a respawn).

When attacking the enemy, if you knock them down, there seems to be about 50-75% chance that they will fall through the ground.

The enemy part is problematic because my remaining team (still above ground), still see him as a threat and therefore won't move past him, which leaves me to fight alone.

So far this is 100% repeatable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I have the same bug. The events described above happen every time without fail.

Very, very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Same problems as well, found that using rally points and respawns I could get all apart from 1 crate.

I have also had my officer fall through the ground and only way to get out of it was to beam up and back down.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Unable to complete
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Well, I have to throw my 2 cents in here. I am also unable to complete this mission. For the very same reasons. I have tried to fight the bots on the level, and of course they fall into the terrain. And of course one of the medical crates that I have to scan have fallen through the floor as well.

I don't mind bugs on a new game of this size, but I would feel a LOT better if I knew something was being done to address it. 3 patches have been released since the first report of this issue, and so far...nada.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Thank you for reporting this. Forwarding this to the mission designer.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter13
You're supposed to find medical crates that are guarded by some thugs.

After I walk (it's worse if I run) a few meters one or two of my away team falls through the ground, never to be seen again (until a respawn).

When attacking the enemy, if you knock them down, there seems to be about 50-75% chance that they will fall through the ground.

The enemy part is problematic because my remaining team (still above ground), still see him as a threat and therefore won't move past him, which leaves me to fight alone.

So far this is 100% repeatable.
So far I am unable to complete ANY B'Tran non bunker ground mission with enemies. It is not just the one you mentioned (although included). I can add Mu Mu and Planet Eta Aquarii V 851-Gamma among others.
On every one the team and or me either fall through the ground on route or as soon as we engage an enemy we and the enemy fall through the ground. We can fight below ground and shoot up at enemies causing them to fall through also but none of them will drop loot. This mixed in with the enemies not spawning at all.
The only ground missions I can do in B'Tran are the non kill ones or the bunker ones, where there are no longer any lootable crates or boxes. Add to this that it is pot luck also whether the objective will be present in space missions also and we have a well and truly broken and even so small end game content. We need a post on what is going on, and an honest post too.
Having just come from **** and very sore from NCSofts poor CS, Communication, transparency and game content I atm am thinking of 2 words, Frying Pan and Fire

Edit, I have to add I just completed 'Planet Alpha Ursae 585' which was an open air ground mission to kill 4 packs of borg and this is the first one of this category in B'Tran that was without bugs, well apart from the fact I can't use Aim mode as my tricorder gets stuck on and you can't see a thing through the bright blue light but I have got used to having my dps halved now because of game bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Zenas Expanse - Planet Phi Cassiopeiae 6989-X - Secure Area, can be added to the list with the same subterranean symptoms.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Well after the patch on March 2nd, I could have sworn these had been fixed. I did dozens of B'Tran clusters with lots of ground missions and a lot of enemy kill missions amongst them. Not once did I see any of these usuall ground bugs,. Yes my tricorder still blinds me and there are no lootable crates but wtf.

Then at around 0100 GMT it all started going pearshaped again,. Space missions with the objective missing, DC's every 2 mins for a while and a RA5 lvl Borg dropped a common Mk I Kit . So I log and first mission this morning the whole away team fall through the ground. /sigh

So add Planet Phi Cassiopeiae 6989-X Defense to the list as indeed some are working ok and others not.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Just a reminder, please remember to submit a Bug Report whenever you find a map where anyone falls through the ground. That includes you, your bridge officers, enemies, NPCs, etc. Your Bug Report will have precise location information from the moment you click "Report a Bug", which we can use to track which maps are affected.

If you like, you can also post your ticket numbers when you respond to threads like this. That makes it almost trivial for us to look up where you were when you found the problem. In cases like this where we're looking up map names, it's helpful to have direct access to the logical map name (which is ugly) rather than just the human-readable name which is actually displayed. This is especially true in star cluster maps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Is there anyway to go back in and find the ticket number? Bugged mine 12 days ago but I didn't note down the number.