Lt. Commander
27 March 2010:
Error Ticket ID: 2805787
Logged into the game normally.
As soon as character select screen came up, but before it started retrieving characters the game crashed.
I never had any problem logging in since release. I was able to log in after the patch Thursday morning.
This problem started after the patch Friday morning and still exists after the patch Saturday morning.
I am still able to log into Tribble with no problem.
I tried launching with the "Force verify" option checked and again with "Safe mode" option checked.
Game still crashes at the same point.

Clarification:
The game is not hanging/freezing at "Retrieving Characters" in the character select screen as has been happening to many others over the past few days.
The game is crashing to desktop at the character select screen before it even begins to retrieve characters.
I have made no hardware/software/driver updates or changes recently to my system.
The only changes have been the patches to the game itself.

Update 29 March 2010:
After Monday morning patch I still have the same issue.
Crash to desktop as soon as the game gets to the character select screen after initial login.
I cannot get to the character select screen to pick any character on the live server.
I do not have a Klingon character on the live server, so this is not a faction issue as some others state they are having.

Update 31 March 2010:
No change after the Wednesday morning maintenance/patch.
I still have the same issue crashing to desktop as soon as the game gets to the character select screen.
It still shows the same Error Ticket ID: 2805787.

There has been no response to either this tech support thread on the forums or to the tech support help ticket that I submitted days ago. My subscription expires in four days on Sunday, 04 April and I will not be renewing if they don't at least acknowledge the issue. I cannot see continuing to pay a subscription to a game that I am unable to play. A simple "We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it" instead of letting your customers feel they are being ignored would go a long way to improving customer relations.

Update 01 April 2010:
Finally got a response to my tech support help ticket:

Greetings! We are currently investigating your account and characters to see what might be going on with this situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we look further into your issue. - Cryptic Studios Technical Support

At least now I know that they are looking into the issue.

Update 02 April 2010:
Another day, another patch...
Game still crashes at character select with the same error message with no further updates on the issue from Cryptic.
Have not been able to play at all for a week now.

Update 09 April 2010:
It took another week to get another response from tech support on my ticket:
(They don't actually say if they did anything to correct the issue)

Greetings! Are you still experiencing the crash at the character selection screen? - Cryptic Studios Technical Support

My reply to them:
I was unable to log into the game for the last ten days of the 30 days for which I paid. Since I had recieved no word on the status of my issue when that period ended, I let my subscription expire.

I will not pay for another month of subscription time just to test whether or not you have fixed the issue -- I could end up being out of up to another 30 days of paid play time if the issue has not been corrected. However, if you wish to credit my account with the ten days for which I paid and was unable to play, then I would be happy to attempt to log in and determine if the issue has been resolved. If the issue has been resolved, then I would reconsider resubscribing to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2010, 09:19 AM
could be related to the same bug we had yesterday and i think we are having again now had a disconect during map transfer suspect to be unable to log in now as wel wil keep post updated as i try and find out
yep same bug probably getting hung up at char list retrievel so suspect same bug as yesterday

just for a slight hint that might help the dev team time for bug problem with me was 17.14 cet

seems to be solved for me
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2010, 10:31 AM
I have been having same problem, kinda, i get to character selection select my main character it goes to Psi Velopum map then i get bugged and it crashes error i get is fatal crash error that there are some fatal bugs in their patch so i know it snot on my end. This has been happening for several days since the patch and release of the crappy season one update, sooo ready to cancel my subscription and go with something that works and releases more than jut one quest a patch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer99999
could be related to the same bug we had yesterday and i think we are having again now had a disconect during map transfer suspect to be unable to log in now as wel wil keep post updated as i try and find out
yep same bug probably getting hung up at char list retrievel so suspect same bug as yesterday

just for a slight hint that might help the dev team time for bug problem with me was 17.14 cet

seems to be solved for me
Not solved at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Not solved at all.
i know wat i meant with solved at the time was i was then again able to get into the game no real chance on the dev's getting the transition servers stable for a while i think
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2010, 03:46 AM
After the Saturday night patch the game is still crashing with the same error at the same point.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2010, 05:45 AM
I am geting the same thing. have gotening rid of all sto files and redownloaded it still geting it when i get to the the char spot
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2010, 08:21 AM
exact same problem...feedback required Cryptic pls

Error ticket # 2805787

tried multiple times
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyrie
Error Ticket ID: 2805787

Logged into the game normally.
As soon as character select screen came up, but before it started retrieving characters the game crashed.
I never had any problem logging in since release. I was able to log in after the patch Thursday morning.
This problem started after the patch Friday morning and still exists after the patch Saturday morning.
I am still able to log into Tribble with no problem.
I tried launching with the "Force verify" option checked and again with "Safe mode" option checked.
Game still crashes at the same point.

Clarification:
The game is not hanging/frezzing at "Retrieving Characters" in the character select screen as has been happening to many others over the past few days.
The game is crashing to desktop at the character select screen before it even begins to retrieve characters.
Same problem I am having and have been having. I have not been able to get in since Thursday. I assume they will be getting it fixed at some point . . . AND apparently I can't get the default html code to work in my sig 8-)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm having this exact same problem, but for me it started about 10 minutes ago. I was playing fine a couple hours ago, now I try to log in and it crashes as soon as the character select screen starts to load. Any response from Cryptic?