I've spent 740 points myself. 500 of those came with DDE I added to my account for more goodies/extra month sub. And the rest was from our first survey.
With that I bought 2 extra character slots and the new Cruiser skin.
So, I don't consider that I've really spent any "extra" money on C-Points yet as I wasn't even aware the 500, and other items, came with the DDE when I added it to my account.
I'm still not a fan of micro-transactions myself. While they can pull in extra money from it... I'd prefer just seeing that stuff added directly to game in an Update myself. Personal opinion of course.
However, if they'll continue giving us a way to get some C-Points as with that survey every now and then and keep the items in the store more aesthetic than game breaking... I foresee myself using it again. But I don't think I'll drop a whole lot of money into it myself. I don't need everything they've got in there even with the small list now.
I think the bonuses from the preorders should be in the C-Store. Along with any bonus that is impossible to now get like the Del Taco shuttle and the Tribble of Borg. The Del Taco offer is almost finished (it's extended until 23rd April) so at that point it will unredeemable outside of game. The Borg Tribble could be given when the next testing happens but if not should be in the store.
You can purchase a runabout at Deep Space 9 if you want a shuttle.
I have 2300 points left after purchasing the rename, and various bridge packs on the C-Store.
I would like to purchase the ability to unlock my current lower tier ships. Call it a Refit pack for example have an escort Defiant ship at T5, or an Intrepid Science ship at T5.
I would also like to purchase skins (costume pack) for personal weapons, personal armor, and kits.
For example Section 31 costume pack has the ability to have matching weapons, armor, and kits.
i currently have the 240 points received for completing a survey. I'm holding on to them for release of the Caitian playable character. Depending upon additional items presented in the future of C-store, I will decide then if I care to buy Cryptic Points or not.
Things that come to mind, which might be attractive to players, include:
Additional Starship Slots (for those players who just refuse to let a particular ship go).
TOS (T.V.) Bridge Pack -- standard style; plus The Cage variant (with goose-neck monitors); plus Emergency Bridge floorplan.
TOS (Movie) Bridge Pack -- Floorplans and variants from TMP through TUC.
I would love the chance to refit lower level ships to Admiral Tiers. For Example I am a Escort Captain and would love the chance to fly a Tier 5 Defiant.
I think these should be treated like the Connie Pre Order. Just the skin and no Custom besides colors. This should be something easy to put in and I know that there are plently of people that would love to see something like this.
Things I would spend C-points for plus ideas on how they would work:
1. Ship refit-the ability to take a lower class ship and make it usable for higher level pvp and pve. Some people really want to fly a galaxy for example in pvp but they know they're putting themselves at a disadvantage so they choose something they don't really want. This would be limited to two ranks...so you could take a T3 and spot it up to T5. I mean, come one...taking a Miranda up against a Negh'var is silly in in terms of refits.
2. More ship variants based on old favorites. We're missing a lot of ships that should still be in service, it would be cool to put in the Nebula, Ambassador, Steamrunner...maybe even some ones we haven't seen too much like the New Orleans class.
3. Playable races that are actually interesting and have support from the community
4. Spiffy BO's...I'd love an EMH working on my bridge, or perhaps an independent Romulan, Cardassian or perhaps a reformed Jem'Hadar.
5. New clothing options...I would like them by the truckload.