Lt. Commander
# 11
03-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I have the 500 I got with the game and have not spent any yet. I like some of the things offered so far but I want to wait a bit longer to see what else they are going to offer. Definitely want to see more ships. Pets would be awesome. Would LOVE a Vulcan sehlat.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
He works great, even though he's constantly frowning, but he needs a sash. I would pay extra for that.
If you're referring to the sash-like thing that Worf frequently wore it's actually called a baldric. Just a fun fact for the day.

I've purchased 0 Cryptic points. I've spent 0 Cryptic points. I have 500 from my pre-order bonus and 240 from the survey bonus. I guess I'm waiting for the C-store to have something I'm interested in purchasing. What would I be interesting in purchasing? Don't know.
Lt. Commander

I have spent 15 on Cryptic Points (CP) which got me 2000 CP and I took the previous survey and recieved 240 CP for doing that, which I saved unitl yesterday.

Yesterday I purchased the following C-Store products in the follwing order:
  • Additional Character Slots (500 Cryptic Points for 2 character slots)

• Playable Federation Klingon (240 Cryptic Points).

• Playable Federation Ferengi (80 Cryptic Points)

• Federation Bridge Pack II: Light Cruiser (120 Cryptic Points)

• Federation Bridge Pack I: Star Cruiser (200 Cryptic Points)

• Klingon Empire Bridge Pack I: Battle Cruiser (200 Cryptic Points)

I did a little research on the forums first, as I have a lifetime sub, so I allready had 5 Character Slots and after finding out that the amount of Character Slots is not currently limited, I purchased the "Additional Character Slots (500 Cryptic Points for 2 character slots)" which totaled my Character Slots up to 7 max, but if i want to, I can purchase more.

I also read a very interesting statment from dstahl which I have quoted for you below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The webstore team state that there is currently no limit to the additional characters slots you can purchase (although they've only tried up to 100).
So I'm very happy with my lucky number of 7 Character Slots for now and now that I can have more in the future if I ever feel I need more.

I decided to purchase the "Playable Federation Klingon (240 Cryptic Points)", well because I had 240 CP from the survey and Klingons are cool, plus they have pretty awesome traits to start with.

I purchased the "Playable Federation Ferengi (80 Cryptic Points)" and the "Federation Bridge Pack II: Light Cruiser (120 Cryptic Points)" as they total up to 200 CP together, I was never really interested in the Ferengi, but I now have the option open to me and the Bridges are basically retextures of the Bridge from the ship you start the tutorial in. There are some changes to the layouts of Bridge Stations, Consoles etc and the lighting as well as color differences are pretty cool.

I was invited to one of the new Star Crusier Bridges by a fellow player and got to hang out there for a good hour or so, and I've gotta say, the first thing I thought was this bridge is huge! There's some nice attention to detail to, like the arrangement of bridge stations, chairs and there are a number of images on the consoles, images of corridors, image of a ship (not sure which one). The view screen seems a bit small comapred to teh rest of the bridge but the lighting effects near the view screen are very neat.

So yeah I purchased the "Federation Bridge Pack I: Star Cruiser (200 Cryptic Points)", but I don't think I would have it it wasn't for that player inviting me over to their bridge.

Lastly I purchased the "Klingon Empire Bridge Pack I: Battle Cruiser (200 Cryptic Points)" simply because they look awesome, all industrial, dirty and well, Klingon! LoL

So I have 900 CP left, what else do I have left in the C-Store to purchase?
  • Retrain (400 Cryptic Points)

• Additional Character Slots (500 Cryptic Points for 2 character slots)

• Captain Rename (280 Cryptic Points per token)

• Federation Assault Cruiser - Imperial Class (240 Cryptic Points)

• Playable Federation Tellarite (200 Cryptic Points)

I would really much rarther avoid spending CP on the "Retrain (400 Cryptic Points)" option, as you can do this for ingame currency, you also get a number free Respec tokens and I can also be very careful in what skills I train in the first place.

I have enough character slots for now and i have no need to change my characters name as I got it right the first time, but it is nice to know the option is available and if I really wasn't happy with my character, I would probably just save his costume, delete him and recreate him, then play from scratch.

I don't have a engineer and I'm currently only a Lt Commander as I've been playing very casually while waiting for updates, so the "Federation Assault Cruiser - Imperial Class (240 Cryptic Points)" can wait.

The "Playable Federation Tellarite (200 Cryptic Points)" has some nice traits, but they really just don't appeal to me, I've just never been interested in dwarfs.

Lt. Commander
# 14
03-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Winterland
I have 500 pts from buying Dx, and won't spend it on fluff so I have spent 0
May I ask what you consider non-fluff?

Anything IMO that is game changing like weapons more powerful ships and stuff should never be offered for real life money I feel they should only ever add fluff stuff(aside from stuff like name change and respec) to the c-store. So far so good.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I have spent 0, and I will never buy any on principle. Will spend the ones I got from the survey and such, but thats it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-27-2010, 11:59 AM
zero, I think it is bad form for a company to charge ...so in principle I will hesitate to spend there.

but so far the items have been mostly asthetic items which do nothing for me personally.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-27-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm probably going to buy points later.... but not yet. (I am a slow purchaser and all that.... almost miserly)

I will spend my 240 from the survey but I want to wait till I see what other ships and bridges are coming before I blow them now and wish I had waited.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I bought tons of them in CO. I have close to 30 characters there and almost all the C-Store items.

With what I had left over from CO plus what we were given in STO I have purchased all the items in the STO store plus 4 more character slots.

Just last night I plussed up my account up with an additional 1,000 points.

As a hobby these transactions and MMOs in general are much cheaper than my shooting sports addiction. A single rifle cartridge is running at close to a dollar now with all the ammo hoarding going on.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I still got my 500 + 240 for the Survey and haven't spend a single point yet.

I am, however, a sucker for useles toys like extra uniforms, details for star ships and stuff like that which only adds to your appearance and has no effect to the actual game.

Fortunately, for me, there are virtually no such items yet (apart from the Star Ship "Makeover" ), but since it wasn't a makeover that would give me a famous ship from the Trek Universe, it had little intereste for me.

Still I am holding back my points for those special items I can't live without (i.e. Uniforms and silly useles but fun items).
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-27-2010, 12:06 PM
So far I have spent somewhere around 1,000 Cryptic points with right at 180 left to spend. I have bought both the new Federation Bridges and two additional character slots.