Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hey,

I'm finally posting this in the form as in the past whenever I've posted tickets I've got either generic 'evolving game' replies, or in one case "We can't see evidence of this" I'm hoping there might be hope from the community!

Both my husband and I play the game (together I might add, but on seperate accounts) and for some reason it seems quyite often my missions don't complete properly.

The first example of this was the Line in the Sand mission (tutorial) which remains greyed out - there's a fix in progress apparently but for now it's annoying.

I've also had one of the Cardassian arc patrols that I couldn't complete as one of the patrol missions would never register completed.

My promotion missions have been a similar source of woe.

Now today after 2/3 hours of playing with a team that was....challenging.... I completed Infected...actually we did. My husband got credit and could call it in with starfleet, but I couldn't, we were both there from the start and as far as I can tell the only difference is that I was unconcious at the end when the Queen died.

Anyone - Dev or Player - got any suggestions?

(Tickets 739138, 691068, 691053, 777974)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I can't say I've had this regularly but it has happened now and again - very frustrating. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah I am having the same problem with several patrol missions and what not.

This has been an issue now since before launch, It gets worse by the day more and more missions become like this, why do these guys put so much time into the game then at launceh abandon it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Wonder if it's something to do with having two players on the same home network?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Same here. On Klingon character. Map switch hangs then booted to log in screen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2010, 03:38 PM
That's not what's being discussed here :-) We're talking about when complete a mission, all seems fine, you accept the hail to leave, transfer to sector space (or wherever) but it doesnt' complete from your missions list.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Ditto above
03-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Did not get to complete Crack in the mirror mish as load screen froze despite 4 times where I shut down STOL completely and restarted. Very frustrating!!

DC
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2010, 01:20 AM
I think several of you are mis understanding, this isn't (obviously anyway) related to the server lagging. This is to do with being able to successfully finish a mission, transfer map, but not having it actually read as completed once out of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Was having a lot of trouble with this myself, and the GMs won't do anything to help.

Since I starting calling in to Starfleet as soon as I had the option, and always *before* leaving the system where the mission completed, I haven't had any issues.

Basically, when you are near the end of one of these missions, look for the "Contact Starfleet" objective appearing under the main mission and do it *immediately* before clicking any further dialog or leave system options. If for any reason you don't get credit, do it again until it works (I've only had that happen once that I had to try turning it in twice).

This has worked for exploration, patrol, defend the ... sector block, and normal story missions.

If "Contact Starfleet" never appears, then that's obviously a different problem.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Actually this is a bit of both of those from the sounds of it - maybe a Dev can weigh in on this issue(s)