what the hell were you thinking in making this utter pile of rubbish.
firstly you kill remens - simple enougth
then romulans - just as simple
then comes the utter rubbish they call game play. seems simple enougth to kill a couple of mobs to get a forcefield and then use it on a artifact. wrong. firstly you cant draw aggro away so someone can steal the forcefield so you have to stay and kill them. next you cant really kill them fast enougth because they are so close together its imposible not to pull a second or third grp. not only that the respawns are so fast its like endles carnage. to add to this the respawn points are place in the most ridiculous of places. got 1 a min ago up the side of the digsite. so hige when i fell i took damage and right at the bottom was a grp of romulans to finnish me off. and because ur seperated from the grp there is nothing you can do about it.
of all the things i have played in this game this is the most stupidest of them all
Think yourself lucky you got a group, everytime I,ve tried it I've been on my own. Last time didn't bother trying the mission used sprint to get to the top of the pyramid and played King of the Hill until i got bored.
The big dig was one of the better fleet actions , have you tried ds9 under siege? thats awful , there idea of making it last is spawn a million enemys and have them spam plasma nades.
Gorn minfield is always empty and yet to try to do it as noone goes there , fleet actions are spread out and no real way to get there , no ingame notepad , not clearly marked means end gamers dont bother.
As for the raids.......... there just missions with a zillion spawns and stupid nodes, the latest one 'the cure' is terrible piece of gameing , starting to lose the urge to log on now and thats a shame.
I don't mind a little challenge but these fleet actions are getting ridiculous. First it took forever to do crystalline entity (4 days and that was before the last update to it). Now Big Dig and DS9 are just as impossible.
1. Spawn points are all on the far edge of the map so you have to fight your way back to the group or wait for somebody else to re-spawn by you.
2. The enemies are endlessly re-spawning so you are constantly having to re-fight the same groups over and over again to get around the map and collect everything.
3. Combine this with new players who don't understand the strategy and you wind up with a mission that takes 2 or 3 hours to do and no significant reward for all your work.
Add spawn points inside the combat area and stop the enemy groups from re-spawning except at the completion of each objective.
All I could think of when I did this Fleet Action was how ridiculously pointless it was. So I went outside and smoked a cigarette and when I came back, my team had not made any progress on putting up the force fields. UGH!
I've found that my biggest issues with both "The Big Dig" and "DS9 Under Siege" is that, unlike the "Starbase 24 Fleet Action", before you beam down, you have the option to bring along 4 members of your Away Team. In the first two, you just beam down by yourself.
I think that's the biggest drawback for me...that and the constant respawning of enemies.
In my opinion, it's just another case of great ideas on paper, but poorly executed.
First, I've done all the Fleet Actions except for DS9.
A couple of thoughts:
1) CE - I've killed the CE with my fleet, but that was only because we organized 15+ of us in the same instance and that kept the newbs out. We were all of different levels, but that was okay...
* Fleet actions are now level banded to make scoring fairer and more challenging for all players. Players who enter a fleet action mission will be sent to an instance with players within a specific level range and enemies on the map will be scaled appropriately. Rewards are also now scaled based on the level band of the Fleet Action you are sent to. This change also makes many Fleet Actions playable for all levels of players, although Fleet Actions still have a minimum level requirement based on the initial mission that offers you the Fleet Action.
With this new above policy, our fleet CANNOT all join in the same instance anymore. What was STO thinking? So our FLEET cannot do a FLEET action together. Lame. Wait till admiral to get scramble sensors and then do CE again.
2) Big Dig
What a tedious mission, but as a captain/admiral, i noticed (shhh) you can sprint past the romulans and remans and they don't do anything. I can walk up to an artifact surrounded by romulans and activate the forcefield. Not sure if I would draw aggro as a commander. I sorta missed this mission when I was a commander so...