Lt. Commander
# 11
03-29-2010, 04:56 AM
quit crying the fleet i am in did it with three people just fine. Dont change the mission because you cant play
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Can someone explain how the Big Dig works? I've now entered this fleet action 3 times. Each time it is partially complete, but full of enemies with no friendlies in sight.

Apparently enemies re-spawn almost immediately, which, er, sucks.

Who has a walk-through for this?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Can someone explain how the Big Dig works? I've now entered this fleet action 3 times. Each time it is partially complete, but full of enemies with no friendlies in sight.

Apparently enemies re-spawn almost immediately, which, er, sucks.

Who has a walk-through for this?
I'd like to know this too. I tried the Big Dig last night, and the entire mission was stuck at 19/20 archeologists located. All of us Starfleet officers and we couldn't find this guy - I went all around the map down in the trenches and there was nothing but 9000000 respawning Remans
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-29-2010, 09:13 AM
ok did it yesterday at RA level for the1st time also. Yes I was confused to start but picked it up as I went along.

Here is what I did:
Jumped into the bigest set of players I could see (I zoned in right before it started) and stuck with them as they went down into the dig areas, below the "wood" floor plates. Once under there, you find the peeps that are trapped by forcefields and free them....20 IIRC, and this entails lots of pew pew as the baddies respawn and the mobs are packed in close. Rinse and repeat 20 times. I was lucky, I died 1 time and someone in our group rezzed me, then put me on their team. After that stage, you kill 125ish Remans, then 125ish Romulins (any will do) then you have to go back to where you resuced the 20 peeps and get the generators that held them (you can only carry one) and go up on the temple and place a forcefield on 20 artifacts which are....well guarded. Then when you have that done, and 20 artifacts are under a blue cone of protection, you have to kill 20 Reman Captians and 20 Romulin Captians (one each at EACH of the artifacts) and you win!

If you happen to get stuck inside a forcefield (it happened 2 times to me) wait and a button will come up to get you out.

If your not on a team....it could be tough cuz if you go down you rez ar the perimeter and have to locate your team again....which kinda blows because there is a heap of badness between you and them.

But I enjoyed it.....much better the infected (that I have started but not completed) and I will do it again
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlrny View Post
Sounds like you guys just expect to go into these fleet actions and easy mode everything. Some of us like the small amount of challenge that these new encounters provide.
Spam is challenging, challenging to stomach for any true fan of Star Trek, Mr.

I think the writers of these fleet actions and their spamtastic approach to challenging content have no idea what Star Trek is about.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
It isn't challenging to fight constantly respawning enemy groups... endless enemies like that are what you put into a game if you can't produce anything challenging, by forcing the player to keep clicking the buttons in a demented frenzy you kinda cover up that no thought is actually required.

Of course, if you think clicking a button 5000 times an hour is 'challenging' then I hope you continue to enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo-6
ok did it yesterday at RA level for the1st time also. Yes I was confused to start but picked it up as I went along.

Here is what I did:
Jumped into the bigest set of players I could see (I zoned in right before it started) and stuck with them as they went down into the dig areas, below the "wood" floor plates. Once under there, you find the peeps that are trapped by forcefields and free them....20 IIRC, and this entails lots of pew pew as the baddies respawn and the mobs are packed in close. Rinse and repeat 20 times. I was lucky, I died 1 time and someone in our group rezzed me, then put me on their team. After that stage, you kill 125ish Remans, then 125ish Romulins (any will do) then you have to go back to where you resuced the 20 peeps and get the generators that held them (you can only carry one) and go up on the temple and place a forcefield on 20 artifacts which are....well guarded. Then when you have that done, and 20 artifacts are under a blue cone of protection, you have to kill 20 Reman Captians and 20 Romulin Captians (one each at EACH of the artifacts) and you win!

If you happen to get stuck inside a forcefield (it happened 2 times to me) wait and a button will come up to get you out.

If your not on a team....it could be tough cuz if you go down you rez ar the perimeter and have to locate your team again....which kinda blows because there is a heap of badness between you and them.

But I enjoyed it.....much better the infected (that I have started but not completed) and I will do it again
Speechless...125 mobsx2. Cryptic was sadistic in CO with kill 6000 mobs for a badge, looks like STO is heading in the same direction.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Mission is broke, again. Was just in there with, like, 10 other people. Got stuck with 19 of 20 artifacts shielded, but it 'looks' like they are all shielded.

Regardless, there should be one MAJOR reward for this puppy.