Career Officer
# 11781
10-22-2012, 06:44 PM
With the amount of players I know that are leaving before hand or have already left. STO space is going to get a lot emptier with season 7.
Captain
# 11782
10-22-2012, 07:06 PM
We'll see, the Spacebattles Fleet is in this for the long haul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 11783
10-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Yes.. just some sector i used to know.. i'm still miffed some what miffed about the S3 Pele Undine arc.. a few missions started out with promise. .saving the psychic and trying to negotiate.. then that DEV must have taken a holiday.. realizing days off were vital to maintain health and relationsphips..
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Career Officer
# 11784
10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Story really is key to this game but there really isn't much of one. The best FE in my opinion is the Devidian series but none of the FE's after that have ever lived upto the excellent writing and effort put into creating it. Since launch, the main story hasn't really pregressed much at all and we're getting close to 3 years later. If anything, the KDF have lost content.
Captain
# 11785
10-23-2012, 11:57 AM
aye and that.. something takes time.. its easier but not perfect with the DEV tool set translating into game terms a written story arc.. tied to jj not TOS and a map mistake in TNG.. that left some planets out here. .

Basically i dig where they come from saying it takes resources or Dev dm to make a planet on map and if nothings there for the player or its harder to finish like tellar or betazeoid ?
of the Ferengi homeworld.. its good to have a ref point..
its always about how much of a team it takes and how long it takes them.. The release of the first new sector since Deferi Breen Arc.. is good.. the trap you get into.. is like Activision's Armada Team faced rushing the SFC III[3] out to meet the Nemesis Movie tie ins.. the work was a good engine but changed avaliable factions that were long time Starfleet battles inclusions and in SFC 1 2 and orion pirates.. then fundign patches name it hard to repair anything.. the old games were let out to mod and many nice things were done.. they had a great conquest map system.. but no play first person it was all ships.. conquoerign planets by siege and all out fleet attacks.. because of the allowed mods we could fight epic campaings empire against empire using gamespy or mplayer and the game engine.. doign admin map changes and fleet builds pbm[email files] using the great cyberboard progame game set.. Huge galaxy hex maps excel viewer and spread sheets.. it took work with 7-8 factions and hundereds of ships bases.. epic

here you have a free form based off what CBS TV owns over movie.. so its representing content in a useful and fun way.. thats the hard part..
an episodic TV night with trek is something taking more then one Writer. .and that's expensive.

Last edited by senshibat01; 10-23-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 11786
10-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I was particularly fond of the mods for Bridge Commander and Elite Force 1 and 2. They added to much to the game and all thanks to dedicated players that had the knowledge to do something awesome with it. The Foundry is Cryptic's way of trying to do this but it's just a joke toolset with no real abilites to create new objects, star systems, sectors, NPC's, and so on. I'd bet on at least a 10th of the playerbase have the knowledge to do a better job than the current Dev team and produce Trek style content that the rest of us would enjoy.
Captain
# 11787
10-24-2012, 05:39 PM
yes and that's due to multi games exp in the IP Pantheon.. and exp with the Series live not recorded.. blu ray updated anything.. the raw unadulterated full Trekkie experience.. of instinctively knowing what feels right.

Last edited by senshibat01; 10-24-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Captain
# 11788
10-25-2012, 10:38 AM
one must first patch the house that stores tribbles
then pet them...
Career Officer
# 11789
10-25-2012, 12:06 PM
At least they managed to fix external chat so my fleets now show up again.
Captain
# 11790
10-26-2012, 07:29 AM
wheres the mmo fllapjaacks and malet pounded BACON we have a long Que of customers here. and a cats just jmpsed on our KB arms