Lt. Commander
# 231
04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
Sorry, but I have to leave my computer sometimes! And I hate to post right after I just posted!
However I will have to post right after I posted to keep this thread alive...
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 233
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Must... Bump... Thread!
Lt. Commander
# 234
04-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Hello thread - whatcha doin' way down here?
Lt. Commander
# 235
04-01-2010, 08:09 PM
everybody is creeped out because I was nice all day
Lt. Commander
# 236
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
The sun was out, bright and shiny, touching everything with it's golden rays...

And 'ere I am with a sun allergy. Been watching Pani Poni Dash! all day.
Lt. Commander
# 237
04-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
The sun was out, bright and shiny, touching everything with it's golden rays...

And 'ere I am with a sun allergy. Been watching Pani Poni Dash! all day.
Bump

So how does a sun allergy work exactly? I saw an article about a kid who was so allergic NASA had to make him a hazard suit to go outside, it was kind of sad. Are you like that or does the sun just make you sneeze horribly?
Lt. Commander
# 238
04-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
Bump

So how does a sun allergy work exactly? I saw an article about a kid who was so allergic NASA had to make him a hazard suit to go outside, it was kind of sad. Are you like that or does the sun just make you sneeze horribly?
There are varying degrees of sun allergy, like any allergy, from "sneezing and getting watery irritated eyes" to "bumpy itchy horrid rash" to "hives and hyperventilation."

Raven is the "bumpy itchy rash" variant.

That last one is very rare, most people with sun allergies fall into one of the first two categories.

My mother also has a mild sun allergy, she gets a rash when she's in the sun too long as well.
Lt. Commander
# 239
04-02-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
There are varying degrees of sun allergy, like any allergy, from "sneezing and getting watery irritated eyes" to "bumpy itchy horrid rash" to "hives and hyperventilation."

Raven is the "bumpy itchy rash" variant.

That last one is very rare, most people with sun allergies fall into one of the first two categories.

My mother also has a mild sun allergy, she gets a rash when she's in the sun too long as well.
Any of the three would be rough. I just fry into a nice, golden crisp when I'm in the sun too long. I burn easily- I so much as think about going outside, and I develop a massive sunburn.
Lt. Commander
# 240
04-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
Any of the three would be rough. I just fry into a nice, golden crisp when I'm in the sun too long. I burn easily- I so much as think about going outside, and I develop a massive sunburn.
I think it's this Mediterranean skin tone I've got going on - I rarely, if ever, burn. I tan very nicely, though.

Funny thing is, there's not a drop of Mediterranean blood in my heritage. In fact, I should be pale as a ghost - I'm a mix of Ukrainian, Irish, and English.