Lt. Commander
# 71
03-28-2010, 08:50 PM
honestly neither did I until I was exposed to two things.

1. Romeo and Juliet with Leo ! Woof ! that smexy stud broke it down for me in a way i could digest enough to read the true play.

2. Patrick Stewart's quotes from TNG. Exposed me to some of the finer bits of literature. Also made me want to go out and read some of the works for myself.
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
who are you kidding? its a scientific fact that gamers can't read!
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I can read, I like reading too! I'm curently reading Star Trek Avenger by Willian Shatner! (aka Capin' Kirk! )
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
I can read, I like reading too! I'm curently reading Star Trek Avenger by Willian Shatner! (aka Capin' Kirk! )
Y'know...if people are playing ST:O, and have no idea who William Shatner is, they need to be shot out of the torpedo tube.

I couldn't really get into Leo Dicaprio's Romeo and Juliet. My introduction was with Franco Zeffirelli's adaptation of it, released in 1968 (though, I am not quite that old...almost, but not quite.) I have always loved history and literature, so I double majored in English (Lit Focus) and History in college.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
:p Shakespear :p

I don't like most of his plays that I've seen.
I love Shakespeare! Good Shakespeare that is.

My favorite play of his is A Midsummer Night's Dream followed closely by Twelfth Night. I also really enjoyed Hamlet and Julius Caesar. Not a fan of Romeo and Juliet and most of it's film adaptations. My favorite adaptation of Romeo and Juliet has been West Side Story.
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
honestly neither did I until I was exposed to two things.

1. Romeo and Juliet with Leo ! Woof ! that smexy stud broke it down for me in a way i could digest enough to read the true play.

2. Patrick Stewart's quotes from TNG. Exposed me to some of the finer bits of literature. Also made me want to go out and read some of the works for myself.
Ok, well I did like Picard's quotes, but that was more because Picard was saying them than because I thought they were really good. As I will mention below, there are some plays of his that I like. Just not most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I love Shakespeare! Good Shakespeare that is.

My favorite play of his is A Midsummer Night's Dream followed closely by Twelfth Night. I also really enjoyed Hamlet and Julius Caesar. Not a fan of Romeo and Juliet and most of it's film adaptations. My favorite adaptation of Romeo and Juliet has been West Side Story.
I also like Twelfth Night and Hamlet. However, I can't stand A Midsummer Night's Dream. Too silly. And I tend to have mixed feelings about Romeo and Juliet. But this is my favorite adaption of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
Those aren't real books :p That doesn't count as reading...
Lt. Commander
# 77
03-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Ooh. Tribble/Boob pics...

I was gonna get a pic of myself in an old TOS shirt my mother got me for some odd reason...but now I think I might get a pic of a tribble between my boobs instead.

I just....hmm...anyone have a tribble I can borrow?
Lt. Commander
# 78
03-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Patrick Stewart is a Shakespearean (sp) trained actor.. from over there in Eeengland.. Plus his accent.. so hearing him quote stuff will likely cause a tingling sensation.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-29-2010, 06:15 AM
why is this not at the top of the forums?

c'mon people...
we all gotta do our part to make sure cappy is on top!
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-29-2010, 06:24 AM
bump for the tribbleboobs
Closed Thread