Lt. Commander
Ok so I can train officers in
  • Jam Sensors III
  • Science Team III
  • Tachyon Beam III
  • Tractor Beam III

The thing is I wanted to train one of my officers who already had 'Jam Sensors I' and replace it with 'Jam Sensors III'. It however wanted to overwrite 'Gravity Well' and NOT the lower level 'Jam Sensors I' power. Then I'd have an officer with two 'Jam Sensors' abilities.

What use is it to me to be able to train officers and the training overwrites the 'wrong' skill?

I want to replace Jam Sensors I with Jam Sensors III. Does that not make sense? :p

Devs! Please! Allow me as captain of my ship to choose which powers are overwritten when I swap powers. I can't imagine there is any logic to randomly overriding powers.

Everyone else who agrees that we ought to have control over which powers we keep and which are dumped when we swap powers, please post to this thread to show the devs how important and fundamental this is.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
...hate to break it to you, but its working as intended. when you put in a higher rank of skill it goes into a higher rank power slot on the officer. otherwise the powercreep would be exponential.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
...hate to break it to you, but its working as intended. when you put in a higher rank of skill it goes into a higher rank power slot on the officer. otherwise the powercreep would be exponential.
Though I would appreciate it if I could also train lower than tier 3 skills to my bridge officers...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Though I would appreciate it if I could also train lower than tier 3 skills to my bridge officers...
You can get your bridge officers trained in rank ii skills at the BO trainer at Sol Spacedock.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Each BO skill has a "Tier" it falls into (Ensign, LT, LTC, or CMR) and if you want to train your BO in a skills (or learn it on Sol) then the new skill will overwrite the skill in that tier not the skill with the same name. That would be breaking the system and over powering your BOs. In your case you would want to make your BOs have all III/IV level skills.

So yeah the system does work right, just need to look at what Tier the skill you want to train falls into (at Sol it tells you the tier).