Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 3 days worth of patches
03-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Greeting

I'm just wondering if im the only one that has not been able to play for 3 days due to the game patching?.

As mine is still patching after all this time. i understand that there is a mayor upgrade but i never thought it would take this long to download.

I've now lost 3 days worth of play now i bet Cryptic wont refund or extend my account 3 days due to this.

World of ******** updated faster than this has.

its nothing to do with my connection as i can do other things just fine.

Thank you
Kev
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
well i give up. its still patching right now. i might as well cancel my subscription to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
I patched for several days and now When I log in I crash at the character load screen. It's very annoying as I can't play at all. Its been this way since the first in the series of patches. I can't seem to locate any forum that deals with the issue. I see the issue all over but I don't see anyone with a resolution to the same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Prentice
Greeting

I'm just wondering if im the only one that has not been able to play for 3 days due to the game patching?.

As mine is still patching after all this time. i understand that there is a mayor upgrade but i never thought it would take this long to download.

I've now lost 3 days worth of play now i bet Cryptic wont refund or extend my account 3 days due to this.

World of ******** updated faster than this has.

its nothing to do with my connection as i can do other things just fine.

Thank you
Kev
you mean literally no play time??? If you do thej something is very very wrong unless you have some super slow connection which i am sure you would have mentioned then this cant be right.There have been a couple of patches but downtime excluded I have not been put out of the game more than an hour ior two.

You might need to chase this up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
yep no game play at all.

I going to try and uninstall and do a complete reinstall again
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcreepsin
I patched for several days and now When I log in I crash at the character load screen. It's very annoying as I can't play at all. Its been this way since the first in the series of patches. I can't seem to locate any forum that deals with the issue. I see the issue all over but I don't see anyone with a resolution to the same issue.
Pm the devs, help them by making SURE not just that the issue exists but that it is affecting YOU specifically, once the devs see important stuff like this they usually respond EVEN if it's just to say they are looking into it..but some response is better than sitting in the dark, and best case scenario they will be able to help you get it sorted quickly. Try indigo , phoxe or destra to name but three they are all very helpful, just remember they are busy so they wont rerply within the hour lol..but yeah seriously let someone know cause it sound very wropng from the experience I am having.

Unless im wrong no one other than the devs is gonna be able to help ya with this unless it's something small being overlooked.

Good luck I hope you get it sorted.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2010, 03:06 PM
well after a reinstall its still not working

the launcher it trying to update after 2 hours and its still trying.
It has access to the internet.
If this keeps going this is going to be the 4th day without play.
I have ran a virus scan and cleaned everything still nothing.

I believe that this is a fault Cryptic's end not mine as i can still do other things just fine on the internet.

I'm giving this till 13st march 2010 if still nothing i will have no choice to cancel my subscription and seek some kind of refund for the week of none play to no fault of my own.