Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge officers can't melee?
03-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I equipped one of my BO's with a Bat'leth, and he just activated his BO abilities but did not attack. I tried it again with no weapon to see if he would use martial arts, no dice.

Anyone else have any luck getting a BO to get in the trenches? I tried all of the different modes and didn't have any luck.

I'm Klingon, so this is the first chance I got to even SEE my BOs. Perhaps all the Feds already figured this out at launch.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Yes the BO's do not engage in melee unless an npc runs up to them and attacks them. It is very annoying and I hope they change this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2010, 04:41 AM
This is definitely on my list of desired changes. I went to the trouble of specializing one of my tactical bridge officers in all close-combat skills, I equipped him with a bat'leth, took him down to a Borg-infested world, and hoped he'd be the life of the party.

No.

Instead, he's awkwardly hanging out by the beam-in point, looking at the ground. Didn't lift a finger.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Yeah, this is unfortunate. Oh well, at least I finally get a chance to make my BOs do something....

I even let them on my bridge now! Before they were confined to quarters I guess.